In my short story "Female Assassin," we informed you that intelligence agencies recruit future sharp shooters and assassins at marksmanship competitions and tournaments.

Navy Seals recruiters appear at endurance races, triathlons, water polo and lacrosse tournaments.


Jim Brown was exceptional, not only was he an All-American and future Hall Of Famer, he was also a world-class Lacrosse player.

In person, he had presence, he was built like a Greek God with bulging biceps and a 32 inch waistline and he was strong. Physical perfection with super human strength.

One NFL opponent said: "I hit him with all my might and he ran right over me!"

According to rumor, this came to the attention of a top intelligence agency. This agency was considering recruiting Brown after his last season (1965) but decided against it at the last minute due to the racial barrier and because Brown was his own man.

Frank Dux was considered the most dangerous man in the world due to his martial arts expertise and the film "Blood Sport," starring Jean Claude Van Damme was based on Dux's life. Due to his martial arts skills, Frank Dux was recruited as an secret agent by the CIA.

Over the years, skeptics have questioned Dux's background but a high ranking military officer confirmed Dux's background.

Frank Dux was a contract agent (aka Black Water personnel) whose identity was concealed by the CIA for purposes of security and in order not to violate Neutrality Acts, part of Operation Sub-groups run under the NSC and direction of DCI William Casey.

"Congressional expert witness, Iran-Contra insider, US Navy Lt. Cmdr. Alexander Martin stated in court proceedings under penalty of perjury, "During my intelligence career, I have met with and been introduced to many covert operatives, whose existence has often been officially denied by the government agencies that these parties have been associated with. One of these covert operatives was one Frank Dux."




Bettie Page was a playmate model in the 1950's who became famous for her fetish modeling and pin-up pics.


Playmate Bettie Page: "In Haiti, I had overcome my Southern prejudice against Negroes and had really fallen for this guy. He referred to himself only as "Mandingo."

He was about 6'5 and he was built like a Mayan God. I'd never encountered such a man before or since.

He walked around naked in the small house we shared. He was such an exhibitionist. He had plenty to show. I never knew that men came in that size.

He was the greatest lover I'd ever had."

"He'd hired a young lady, they called her 'High Yaller' because of her skin tone. She was hired to clean and cook. She was jealous of me, I think she was in love with Mandingo. I also suspected they had been lovers in the past.

"Mandingo said he worked the night shift at the Hotel Olaffson, so I was left with her at night. We didn't get along, that's why I was surprised she invited me to a club. She said the Katherine Dunham dancers were performing."

A taxi took us down this dark alley to a part of town I'd never visited before. Inside, the club was mostly filled with tourists. The show started. A beautiful blonde white woman appeared on stage and stripped off her clothes. There was loud applause. Then, to my shock, Mandingo appeared before the audience. He was completely nude and full erect. The audience, especially the women, screamed their approval."

"That night, I saw my lover make love right on stage with the blonde. Not only that, he also invited three women in the audience to volunteer to come on stage and be seduced. He actually penetrated each of the women on stage in full view of the audience."

"Tears were rolling down my cheeks and I wanted out of the club. As I got up to leave, my companion pointed to a group of men on the other side of the club. She said they were gays who'd flown in from Miami. For the second show, she told me that Mandingo would perform the same act but with men. I just couldn't stand it anymore, so I ran out of the club."

I got into the first taxi I saw. I gave the driver my address but the route didn't seem right. Instead, the driver took me up in the hills overlooking Port-au-Prince. When I complained, he told me to shut up!

When we came to an abrupt stop, four other Haitian men piled into the cab. One of them held a gun to my temple and I was told that I would be shot if I screamed. A blindfold was placed over my eyes. When it was removed, I found myself in a cell-like basement with four men standing over me. She was ordered to remove all of her clothing.

She was then tied to a bed and repeatedly raped by the men until morning.

"I was held in bondage for 18 nights," she claimed.

"Later, I would pose for bondage photos in America, but this was the real thing. I don't know why my captors finally freed me. They blindfolded men and drove me outside of town where they dumped me beside the road. I was rescued by a family who had a rickety old truck. They drove me back to town.

The next morning, I was on a plane to Miami.

Bi-Sexual Swinging & Sex Clubs:

Authors Darwin Porter and Danforth Prince who wrote "Hollywood Babylon: It's Back," declared outright that Davis was bisexual, and occasionally fooled around with Peter Lawford.

According to a celebrity profiler: Sammy Davis, Jr. particularly liked guys. In fact, a reliable source who still works for a Southern California military base, was one of the guys who helped introduce young soldiers to Davis for their secret liaisons. This guy has nothing to gain from telling his story, and in fact wrote about it himself three decades ago, so I have no reason to doubt his stories.

Altovise never talked about Davis's bisexuality—and that is a shame, because a lot of secrets died with her—and she undoubtedly had a good relationship with him and loved him very much, she once said:"Being to married to Sammy wasn't easy." And she said it with a big sigh.

In Related News:

Sammy Davis, Jr. was a regular at Plato's Retreat (Featured In Our Tinsel Confidential Segment below).

Plato's Retreat was described as New York City's most famous and popular pit of filth!

Plato's was a sex club which featured an orgy room and mini-swing rooms for one to three couples (more below).


*Keep in mind, some of the following allegations are unfounded:

William Benson Wasz frequently sold cocaine to customers in clubs and claimed he was hired by Robert Kardashian to give or sell cocaine to O.J. Simpson and Nicole Simpson.

Wasz first met O.J. and Kardashian at the Roxbury Club. Charge card receipts show they were there during the time Wasz said they met, and in addition, witnesses placed all three men together on more than one occasion. Wasz claimed that Kardashian and O.J. were involved in money laundering, prostitution, pornography, sports betting and point shaving. It should be noted, however, that Wasz produced "no" evidence to support these claims.

According to Wasz, Kardashian claimed that Nicole was unfaithful to O.J. and thus wanted Wasz to follow her and take pictures of her with other men.

Wasz claimed that Kardashian offered $1,000 for the surveillance.

On January 24, 1994, Paula Barbieri‘s (O.J. Simpson’s girlfriend) car was stolen. A week later, police found the car after it was involved in a traffic accident. They arrested William Wasz. Wasz claimed he was hired to use the car to follow Nicole Simpson. In a notebook found in the car, there were references to two weapons, including a 9mm pistol. The notebook also contained Nicole’s daily schedule. A gun and a crack pipe were also found in the car.

Wasz also claimed that on or about January 14, he was later hired for $15,000 to kill Nicole with a .25 caliber bullet to the head. Wasz says he accepted $7,500, which was partial payment for the killing. However, Wasz refused to carry out the hit.

After serving ten years of a 20-year sentence in three prisons, including a high-security section of Calapatria State Prison for unrelated robbery, Wasz was released. He worked in Beverly Hills for a brief time before his attorney Frank Longo and the building superintendent found his body in his West Los Angeles apartment under suspicious circumstances on March 16, 2005.

His death came less than a week after he was arrested on a warrant that expired in 1994. The coroner’s investigator Kelli Blanchard (case number 2005-02135) estimated that he had been dead for three days. Wasz’s death was never investigated by West Los Angeles Homicide detectives, nor was it reported in the media.


The male bordellos that flourished in Los Angeles during the 1930's, therefore, were in double jeopardy. Their "male madams," had to be far more secretive.

The male brothels didn't have restaurants, bars, and lavishly decorated boudoirs. Most of them came and went with little longevity, and most of them operated within private mansions in the Hollywood Hills, their addresses discreetly communicated only to a chosen few.

They operated under the guise of private parties. Such all-male gatherings were still subjected to raids, even when men joined each other in private homes without options or potentialities for sex. In other words, it was dangerous for a man to invite ten or twelve males over for a "legitimate" Saturday night barbecue.

Sergeant David Hancoff, a key player in the Los Angeles Vice Squad, reported that in the 1930's most male hustlers operated independently of any "madam."

They were free agents operating out of their own homes. Many of them regularly scheduled appointments with a select list of clients; other "johns," were picked up on the streets, in Griffin Park, or in bars, although actual gay bars were illegal and could be subjected to raids.

Few hustlers in those days wanted to share half their earnings with any pimp. Even so, there were several male brothels that emerged and soon after disappeared over the years.

Out-of-work actors were eager targets to be recruited as hustlers. Many of them were exclusively homosexual, some were bisexual, some were "gay-for-pay," with girlfriends or wives at home. The majority of the patrons of male brothels were married men.

One of the most successful male whorehouses was run by a man named "Little Brother,' although there was nothing little about him. His actual name was Ward Kris. Although he was handsome enough to be a movie star, so were thousands of other men. He began to hustle and proved so successful at it that he could no longer handle all the male clients. He met two other hustlers, and they pooled their investment funds and talents, opening a male whorehouse together and recruiting other handsome, well-endowed young men to staff it.

Another intriguing bordello of the 1930's, if it could be called that, was operated by a single performer, Jean-Pierre Roux, who was nicknamed "Pupu."

The son of a stunningly beautiful Creole woman and a french father, Pupu grew into an exotic creature himself. He stood nearly 6'4, he had a sculpted physique, wavy hair and startling eyes. In his native Martinique, he became legendary for his endowment, often appearing in private stag shows for visiting mixed audiences of men and women.

A Hollywood director convinced Pupu that he could make far more money hustling his wares to both men and women in Hollywood. Pupu was bisexual, but once he arrived in Los Angeles, he became more or less homosexual, since he found himself far more popular with male clients than any female clients he might attract.

Although he occasionally brought in other hustlers, often mulatto, he mostly operated as a one-man bordello with himself as the star attraction.

Among the stars he allegedly entertained were Cary Grant and Randolph Scott, with whom Pupu allegedly indulged in a three-way.


*Unfortunately, some accomplishments are overlooked in history, example: Madam CJ Walker is referred to as the first black millionaire in this country. That information is false, that distinction belongs to Mary Ellen Pleasant.

Berry Gordy has been lauded throughout history as the first black man to own a record label, when Harry Pace (a black man) launched his own label (Black Swan) nearly 4 decades earlier. His roster included: Ethel Waters, Alberta Hunter and Fletcher Henderson.

Little Known Information (Backstory):

by: Virginia Aronson

Who am I describing here? A young black American songwriter gets frustrated at the way white moguls treat his music, and sets up his own record label to fight back. He begins by recording nothing but black talent, promotes the label with a revue-style tour, and soon finds his records are selling to white as well as black listeners. His company is hailed as a ground-breaking success story for black America, but its stars face violence when they tour the segregated South. The label creates many new stars, only to find them poached by white-owned rivals, and responds by quietly adding white acts to its own roster. Eventually, its founder sells out to an industry conglomerate and quits the record business.

It's a trick question, of course. Everything in that paragraph is true of Berry Gordy, the man who founded Tamla Motown in 1959. But there's another man who did all those things too - and did them 38 years earlier than Gordy - with a blues label called Black Swan. That man was Harry Pace.
Black Swan's success was much shorter-lived than Motown's, but the label achieved its own triumphs in an era when black businessmen and performers faced even greater prejudice and violence. It's true that the Motown troupe had shots fired at them in Alabama in 1962, but that pales beside the 1920s incident in Georgia when the corpse of a lynched young black man was hurled into the lobby at a Black Swan show. In creating Black Swan, Pace had to overcome not only racist white rivals conspiring to block his distribution, but also the more physical threat of a bomb hidden in his pressing plant's coal supply.

Black Swan is all but forgotten now, and it's become routine for even respectable reference books to write it out of history by casually claiming Motown was the first black-owned record company in the US. Gordy's label deserves every bit of praise it's received in this, its 50th anniversary, year, but that landmark birthday should not be allowed to blot out the story of an earlier and-I would argue-an even more significant pioneer.

Harry Pace, a blacksmith's son from Covington, Georgia, got his start in the music industry in 1907, when the song collector and musician WC Handy found him working at the Solvent Savings Bank in Memphis. Handy, now universally recognized as the father of the blues, was the man who first wrote down the blues tunes he heard everywhere he traveled in the US, stirring in his own compositions as he went, and giving classics like St Louis Blues its first publication in sheet music form.
Handy was in his mid-thirties when he met Pace, and Pace was not yet 25. Here's how Handy recalls their fateful encounter at the Solvent Bank in his 1941 autobiography: “The cashier of this Negro enterprise was Harry H. Pace, a handsome young man of striking personality and definite musical leanings. Pace had written some first-rate song lyrics and was in demand as a vocal soloist at church programs and Sunday night concerts. In 1907, we wrote "In the Cotton Fields of Dixie," which was published by a Cincinnati firm. It was natural, if not inevitable, that he and I should gravitate together. We spoke the same language."

Black Swan managed a few good sellers in 1923, but only at the cost of moving even further away from the release policy Pace had originally envisioned.

Radio's new dominance came at the worst possible time for Pace, who had over-extended Black Swan in the good times and now saw it suffering as a result. When the company had been selling 7,000 records a day, with the new Long Island factory able to produce only 6,000, he'd ordered three new pressing plants which were now lying idle. “Before they were up and running, radio broadcasting broke and this spelled doom for us,” he told author Roi Ottley. “Immediately, dealers began to cancel orders that they had placed, records were returned unaccepted and many record stores became radio stores. We found ourselves making and selling only about 3,000 records daily and then it came down to 1,000. Our factory was closed for two weeks at a time and finally sold at a sheriff's sale.”

Pace pressed on for a year or so, getting what repeat orders remained pressed in Connecticut. Eventually, though, with no black buyer available, he was forced to lease Black Swan's catalogue of about 350 sides to Paramount. “The firm [...] retained its masters for a number of years, hoping there would be a revival of the business,” he told Ottley. “Its property was finally foreclosed and it went out of business though dissolution of its charter.”

Many of Black Swan's stars went on to great success after the label's demise, with Alberta Hunter starring opposite Paul Robeson in the London premiere of Showboat, Ethel Waters scoring a 1949 Oscar nomination for her role in Ella Kazan's Pinky and Fletcher Henderson joining Benny Goodman's Orchestra as its first black pianist and arranger. Hunter enjoyed an unexpected renaissance in old age, thanks to a 1977 residency at New York's Cookery club, and Waters is now recognized as setting a style for later jazz stars like Ella Fitzgerald and Sarah Vaughan.

Pace himself returned to the insurance industry, founding Northeastern Life, which became one of America's largest black-owned businesses. After a $27m merger with Ohio's Supreme Life & Casualty in 1929, he became president and CEO of the joint company, which he named Supreme Liberty Life Insurance. He got a law degree in 1933, and set up his own legal practice in Chicago nine years later.
But, even after all this success, race never ceased to be an issue for the light-skinned Pace.

Some disgruntled blacks accused him of “passing for white” when he moved to the Chicago suburb of River Forest, and threatened to demonstrate in front of his home there to embarrass Pace in front of his white neighbors. This bizarre echo of his earlier life hurt Pace deeply, and he withdrew entirely from the black community at that point. He died just a year later, at 59 years old.


In February 1994, Allen Drexel, then a graduate student in history researching African American Drag Culture on Chicago's South Side, interviewed Jacques Cristion (not pictured), a famous female impersonator who started his career in the 1950s. The document provides a unique window on the life of young Black gay male living on Chicago's South Side in the 1950s.

Olivia de Havilland! He told me how fabulous the gay balls were and that you really hadn’t lived until you went to the ball, and you’d see the lights and the speakers, the loudspeaker outside and it was really fabulous with the limousines parking and people getting out of the limousines and what not, it was just beautiful.

Selena’s House of Beauty employed all of the black gay stylists in town, and she was located on 83rd street between Vernon and Eberhart. But she had one shop in the Pershing Ballroom at that time and all of the operators basically were gay, and after she branched out, each of the members that were traveling with her in the small shop she gave each of them a managerial position in each one of her shops.

As far as gay bashing or things like that, that wasn’t as prevalent as it now because the drugs weren’t so strong and so many different types of drugs which causing the people to be violent and whatnot toward gays and things later where they were, because there were clubs that we would go to, the ones that I mentioned, people would go have a good time and even after closing time they would walk down the street and never have a problem. But nowadays it’s not like that.

Queer Entrepreneurship:

In the late twenties, Joe Hughes (above) quit his job as a fur salesman and opened a tavern on Chicago’s West Side with his cousin. A decade later, after witnessing the popularity of Chicago’s Drag Balls, Hughes invested in a new venue at 5524 South State Street with the idea of staging a review of female impersonators.

“Joe’s Deluxe” opened its doors in 1938 and enabled Hughes to preside over forty employees and soon to own the entire building in which the club operated.

As a proof of Hughes’ respectability, Ebony Magazine stated that they were friends with the Eddie ‘Rochester’ Anderson's and Joe Louis, along with other celebrities, proving that Black Queer entertainment was recognized as financially rewarding but also a way to access the upper class.

Several prominent upper-class African-Americans decided it was not disgraceful to sponsor homo-friendly events and make money from them, and Hughes, taking advantage of the powerful status that cabaret-owning had conferred him, had no problem advertising in the Chicago Defender and Ebony Magazine.

Joe’s Deluxe therefore quickly became Bronzeville’s most popular homo-friendly nightclub in the late forties.

Valda Gray, the 1930s pioneer of drag shows on the South Side, served as producer of the popular review of four impersonation shows—all introduced by gay comedian Calla Donia—that were presented per night. As White northsiders visited the club less and less frequently, the crowd consisted mainly of Black working-class and middle-class women and men. Heterosexuals attended the female impersonators’ performances en masse but still outnumbered Black Queers in the audience.

Joe's success in the homo-friendly circuit allowed him to rise to the top of Bronzeville’s hierarchy by being elected “Mayor of Bronzeville” in 1941, easily winning the election with 231,000 votes to 166,800 votes for his opponent, Mr. Roosevelt Phillips.

By holding his “coming inaugural” at Joe’s Deluxe, and presenting a female impersonator review that night, several members of the upper class enjoyed a homo-friendly event, drawing a new crowd to the club.




More details to suggest the United States Navy is not forthcoming in the case of Seaman August Provost III, the black gay sailor found brutally murdered at Camp Pendleton. The family offers a very disturbing timeline, saying the military did not tell them this was a homicide and neglected to reveal the manner of death.

Congresswoman Sheila Jackson-Lee, who represents Houston and Provost's family, tells the Houston Chronicle: "I am requesting a full investigation into the murder. This death appears bizarre, and more facts need to be uncovered."

Provost's mother, Melanie Provost, said Sunday the military originally told her simply that her son had been found unconscious in the guard shack and later died. "The only way I found out my son had been shot and burned was on TV," she said. Her son had mentioned to her before he died that he was being harassed by some fellow sailors, but he handled it stoically, she said.

Jackson Lee said the incident should lead the military to be less tolerant of similar harassment. "If he was being harassed, why was the bad behavior being covered up? Why was the person still there?" Jackson Lee said. The congresswoman would like to see the military's "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy toward gay service members lifted, but says other changes are needed to prevent discrimination of all kinds. Family members say that policy played a part in Provost's poor treatment in the Navy, however.

"Because of 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell,' he couldn't say anything," said his niece, Keonna Johnson-Jones. "He couldn't go to his superiors."

Provost was shot three times, apparently gagged and bound, and his body burned. Provost told his family he was harassed and ostracized at Pendleton for at least a year because he was gay and black. The family believes the 29-year-old Provost was the victim of a hate crime--and the Navy says the torture, shooting and burning of a sailor at military base was a "random act" of violence.

The seaman was laid to rest with full military honors.

Fast Forward:

The Navy has filed a laundry list of violations against the sailor charged in the brutal shooting murder of Boatswain’s Mate Seaman August Provost, the black gay sailor killed while on duty at Camp Pendleton near San Diego. The alleged crime spree reportedly committed Petty Officer Jonathan C. Campos—including murder, solicitation off murder, drugs and weapons violations—reads like the sequel to Quentin Tarantino's "Natural Born Killers." The Navy Compass:

Charges preferred include alleged violations of the Uniform Code of Military Justice, the military’s governing law code, over a period from May 1 to July 1 including: murder of Boatswain’s Mate Seaman August Provost III by shooting him with a pistol; use of illegal psilocybin mushrooms; breaking and entering into a private residence, and stealing electronic equipment, jewelry and a .45 caliber pistol; driving under the influence of alcohol; attempt to commit arson; wrongful possession of firearms; unlawful entry; unlawful carrying of a concealed weapon; stealing military property; arson; unlawful handling of a deceased individual; solicitation of a civilian to murder another Navy sailor, a Master at Arms assigned to ACU FIVE and to vandalize the sailor’s house; and unauthorized absence.

Jonathan Campos would commit suicide in his cell.

Source: Rod 2.0



Hulon Mitchell, Jr. aka Yahweh ben Yaheweh formed a secret group called "The Brotherhood." To become a member of The Brotherhood, applicants had to kill a "white devil" and bring Mitchell a body part-an ear, nose or finger-as proof of the kill.

Several Nation of Yahweh members were convicted of conspiracy in more than a dozen anti-white murders.

Mitchell started a private school for his followers and held sex classes for boys and men in which he showed them movies of white women having sex with animals to dissuade them from lusting after white females.

Due to some commonly held separatist ideologies, some black supremacist organizations have found limited common cause with white supremacist or extremist organizations.

In 1961 and 1962 George Lincoln Rockwell, the leader of the American Nazi Party, was invited to speak by Elijah Muhammad at a Nation of Islam rally.

In 1965, after breaking with the Nation of Islam and denouncing its separatist doctrine, Malcolm X told his followers that the Nation of Islam under Elijah Muhammad had made agreements with the American Nazi Party and the Ku Klux Klan that "were not in the interests of Negro's." In 1985 Louis Farrakhan invited white supremacist Tom Metzger, leader of the White Aryan Resistance (a neo-Nazi white power group), to attend a NOI gathering. The Washington Times reports Metzger's words of praise: "They speak out against the Jews and the oppressors in Washington. ... They are the black counterpart to us."


by Prof. G. Cope Schellhorn:

Death by gunshot to the head. Death by probable poisoning. Death by probable strangulation. Deaths possibly by implantation of deadly viruses. Yet the recent suspicious deaths of UFO investigators Phil Schneider, Ron Johnson, Con Routine, Ann Livingston and Karln Turner, as well as the deaths of a host of researchers in the past, only seem to add emphasis to a reality with which many of the more aware UFOIogists are now quite familiar: not only is UFO research potentially dangerous, but the life span of the average serious investigator falls far short of the national average.

Mysterious and suspicious deaths among UFO investigators are nothing new. In 1971, the well-known author and researcher Otto Binder wrote an article for Saga magazine's Special UFO Report titled "Liquidation of the UFO Investigators:' Binder had researched the deaths of "no less than 137 flying saucer researchers, writers, scientists, and witnesses' who had died in the previous 10 years, "many under the most mysterious circumstances."

The selected cases Binder offered were loaded with a plethora of alleged heart attacks, suspicious cancers and what appears to be outright examples of murder.

Paul Schneider died January 17, 1996, reportedly strangled by a catheter found wrapped around his neck. If the circumstances of his death seem highly controversial, they are matched by the controversy over his public statements uttered recently before his death.

Phil Schneider was a self-taught geologist and explosive expert. Of the 129 deep underground facilities Schneider believed the U.S. government had constructed since World War II, he claimed to have worked on 13. Two of these bases were major, including the much rumored bioengineering facility at Dulce, N.M. At Dulce.


Born in Iraq, the daughter an English translator father and a half-Iraqi half-Scottish mother, Patricia Maureen Rose (top photo) attended a French convent school in Baghdad. She moved to London at 16 and then burst upon he swinging '60s scene as a belly dancer in a sleazy nightspot. There she met and married her first husband, Russell Gay, publisher of Knave, a steamy tabloid, and became a member of his soft-porn enterprise and a celebrity by posing nude and contributing to a cheeky sex-advice column.

A saucy, sultry 5-foot-10, with long, dark hair, she created quite a stir and did not lack for admirers. "I was hot looking in my twenties," Kluge told The Daily Telegraph. "I was gorgeous. It was a no-brainer."

Eventually Kluge tired of her spicy role and opted out. After ditching her career and her spouse, she headed for New York, where she met the married and mega-rich John Kluge, chairman of Metromedia and 35 years her senior. (John Kluge ultimately sold his company to Rupert Murdoch for a reported $4 billion and was dubbed the richest person in America by Forbes. Metromedia's radio and television stations would later form the core of what would become the immensely successful Fox TV network.)

When Kluge laid eyes on the exotic former centerfold, he was smitten and, before long, divorced. "John was so in love, he even converted to Catholicism to marry her," said Barbara Sinatra, a family friend.

John and Patricia tied the knot in St. Patrick's Cathedral in 1981. According to Marie Ridder, his wife's belly dancing became the main topic of John Kluge's conversation. "It was startling to sit next to him at dinner and have him tell you what an expert she was," says Ridder.

With the new wedding band came a new persona and starring role—society maven. The Kluges adopted a son, John Jr., began construction on Albemarle, and acquired a Palm Beach villa, apartments in New York and London, and a shooting lodge in the Scottish Highlands, close to Balmoral. Patricia Kluge tried to ingratiate herself with her neighbor the queen, but was continually snubbed. Finally one Christmas the queen sent over a gift of a Labrador retriever, indicating a social benediction of sorts.

The Kluges' foray into the high-powered whirl of Palm Beach benefits proved more problematic. When the couple was asked to host a soiree for Prince Charles and Princess Diana, the British tabloids trumpeted the "Naked Truth," revealing Patricia's shady past, along with nude photos and the name of her racy movie, The Nine Ages of Nakedness. The couple quickly withdrew from the royal welcoming committee and scuttled off to an undisclosed location. The scandal, she said, "was the best thing that ever happened," because she learned exactly who her friends were. Even Prince Charles, she claimed, "sent a note" when, a few years later, they were back in the news. John Kluge wanted to split and was willing to ante up. According to The New York Times, "It sounded like a divorce made in heaven, which was refreshing, since everyone had had enough of the other kind."

Speculation was that Patricia received a cool $1 billion, the largest divorce settlement ever, along with several of their homes in order to liquidate the nine-year union. This startling sum alone was enough to stir up the local gentry, but Patricia's close connection to the dashing Douglas Wilder, Virginia's first elected African-American governor, drew even greater scrutiny. And when his helicopter was frequently seen whizzing back and forth between the State House in Richmond and her elaborate pad, a firestorm of publicity erupted. Both vehemently denied any impropriety, saying they were strictly friends, but insiders recall the relationship as "a good romance" and "a terrific fling."

Pat Kluge is currently in an financial crisis. She lost her mansion to foreclosure, her private jewelry collection went on auction to pay off creditors and Donald Trump bought her failed winery.

Source: Daily Beast



One of the most dangerous kingpins in U.S. history (Clarence Preacher Heatley) idolized the fictional character Keyser Soze (portrayed by Kevin Spacey) in the film "Usual Suspects." Heatley was sadistic, cunning and manipulative, similar to Soze. "The Usual Suspects," was a film he watched over and over again.

Heatley was also a brutal mastermind who displayed violence on an massive scale (linked to 76 homicides-backstory below).

Preacher's crew was also responsible for the Bobby Brown kidnap. Whitney Houston paid a $400,000 ransom for his safe return.

In Related News: Robert DeNiro and Christopher Walken turned down roles in "The Usual Suspects." The film was shot on an $4 million budget in 36 days.


After three days of searching, FBI agents and cops found the skeletal remains of a woman believed slain by a once-powerful drug gang in a vacant Harlem building.

Investigators discovered the body in one of two Bradhurst Ave. buildings which were identified as a dumping ground for victims of a gang known as the Preacher Crew, said Lt. Dennis Cirillo, a police spokesman.

An informant told investigators that the gang used 104 and 108 Bradhurst Ave. as a "cemetery" for its victims, police sources said.

A preliminary autopsy revealed the woman had been shot once in the head and had been dead "a minimum of many months," said Ellen Borakove, a spokeswoman for the medical examiner.

The victim was discovered on the fifth floor of 108 Bradhurst Ave., a dilapidated city-owned structure vacant for a dozen years, police said.

The 18-member crew allegedly headed by Clarence (Preacher) Heatley was charged last year in 11 other killings, and Heatley could face the death penalty under the new drug-kingpin law.

FBI spokesman Joseph Valiquette would not discuss the case.

Cirillo also said that the Preacher Crew investigation led to the closing of 76 homicide cases in Harlem's 32d Precinct.

Among the slayings charged in the indictment was that of Anthony Boatright, a gang hit man whose body parts were dumped but later moved from the Bradhurst Ave. buildings.

Investigators believe the woman was slain by Heatley's crew two years ago because they thought she was stealing.

Emergency Service cops and an FBI evidence recovery team used a crane to shift the floors of the building's collapsed interior. Yellow crime scene tape kept vehicles off W. 147th St. between Bradhurst Ave. and Frederick Douglass Blvd.

Agents recovered several bags full of bones, but a probe determined they were animal remains, police said.

"We'll be here for a while," one FBI agent said. "We're not going anywhere."



George McCrae:

George McCrae was about to return to college to study law enforcement, when Richard Finch and Harry Wayne Casey of KC and the Sunshine Band invited him to sing the lyrics for a song that they had recorded for the band, but could not reach the high notes that were required for the song.

In fact the original intention was for Gwen, his wife, to record it, but she was late for the session and George recorded it alone. It suited his high-pitched voice to the extent that the song, "Rock Your Baby," became one of the first hits of the disco era in 1974, selling an estimated eleven million copies worldwide, topping the charts in the U.S., UK, and eighty other countries.
The song was so successful that Rolling Stone magazine voted it the #1 song of the year in 1974. McCrae received a Grammy Award nomination for Best Male R&B Vocalist the following year.

Gwen McCrae:

In 1963, Gwen Mosley met a young sailor named George McCrae, whom she married within a week.

Following husband George’s unexpected solo success with "Rock Your Baby,' Gwen went on to have a major hit of her own in March, 1975 with "Rockin' Chair,' a #1 R&B hit which also reached the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 Top 10.

By this time, the separate successes were taking their toll on the McCrae's marriage (Gwen has since alleged that her husband beat her frequently). It was also rumored that music executives pressured George to date white women.

Since 1989, George McCrae has been married to his Dutch wife Yvonne Bergsma. He lives one part of the year in Aruba and the other part of the year in the village of Munstergeleen in the Netherlands.


Singer Gwen McCrae didn't want her daughter to see the film "The Exorcist," in 1974. Her daughter, Wanda, 14, went anyway.

Wanda began acting strangely. Hiccups made her body jump as if she was being lifted by a force such as the one she witnessed in the film.

Gwen and George (before their divorce) thought their daughter was faking the symptoms. The family later discovered it was the real thing.

Wanda was possessed by a demon that required a real-life exorcist who narrowly escaped being overcome by the unwelcome spirit.

Gwen watched in horror as the demon caused Wanda to spit blood and convulse. Wanda's flesh was also jumping on her bones.

Between the cursing, Gwen remembers hearing this tiny voice calling: 'Mommy, mommy, help me!

Bishop Williams was contacted, he was successful in casting out the demon.

Witnesses gasped as the demon left Wanda's body, her hair also stood up like a porcupine.


Marlin Briscoe was 5-foot-10 and 177 pounds when the Denver Broncos took him in the 14th-round of the 1968 draft. He was eighth on the Broncos' QB depth chart in training camp.

On September 29, 1968, starter Steve Tensi suffered a broken collarbone, and backup Joe DiVito was spotty. Head coach Lou Saban summoned Briscoe from the sidelines in the fourth quarter against the Boston Patriots. Briscoe's first play was a 22-yard completion. On his second series he orchestrated an 80-yard touchdown drive. He completed a 21-yard pass and ran for 38 more himself, carrying it the last 12 yards for the score.

When Marlin Briscoe broke the Denver huddle and surveyed the Cincinnati Bengals defense as he walked to the line of scrimmage on October 6, he became the first starting black quarterback.
Briscoe threw 14 touchdown passes that year, still Denver's rookie record.

Upon retirement, he moved to Los Angeles and became a successful broker, dealing in municipal bonds.

A few months later, he started using drugs heavily, becoming addicted to crack cocaine. He lost his home and was mocked by dealers with the nickname "Seventeen-and-oh" in reference to what should have been a glorious reminder of his NFL days. His Super Bowl rings were auctioned off when he defaulted on a bank loan that had the rings as collateral. He also went to prison.

Today, he works as the director of the Boys and Girls Club in Long Beach, Calif., and has his own football camp for children.

A movie about Briscoe's life, tentatively called "The Magician," is currently in pre-production. It will chronicle his football career, and his recovery from serious drug addiction following his playing days.

Hidden far from sight, deep in the thick underbrush of the North Florida woods are the ghostly graves of more than thirty unidentified bodies, some of which are thought to be children who were beaten to death at the old Florida Industrial School for Boys at Marianna aka "The White House." It is suspected that many more bodies will be found in the fields and swamp lands surrounding the institution. Investigations into the unmarked graves have compelled many grown men to come forward and share their stories of the abuses they endured and the atrocities they witnessed in the 1950s and 1960s at the institution.

The White House Boys: An American Tragedy is the true story of the horrors recalled by Roger Dean Kiser, one of the boys incarcerated at the facility in the late fifties for the crime of being a confused, unwanted, and wayward child. In a style reminiscent of the works of Mark Twain, Kiser recollects the horrifying verbal, sexual, and physical abuse he and other innocent young boys endured at the hands of their "caretakers." Questions remain unanswered and theories abound, but Roger and the other 'White House Boys' are determined to learn the truth and see justice served.

The Cell: The thick concrete walls and the loud industrial fan easily muffled the horrible screams of the boys as they were beaten bloody. Some were carried to the hospital in wheelbarrows and some had to have their underwear or pajamas surgically removed from the buttocks.

The Torture Chamber: Most people could never imagine the horrific acts that were committed behind the secret doors of this schools ironically beautiful brick buildings and lush lawns. The victims, and they truly were victims, have finally come forward to unearth the deadly deeds that occurred there. The men who made it through this school with their lives, and not much else, now call themselves the White House Boys, after the small white building that still sits on those lush lawns, where they were raped and beaten, to the point of non recognition, on a regular basis.

Let there be no doubt that the brutal beatings that took place at the White House “Torture Chamber” at the Florida School for Boys at Marianna and Okeechobee was far worse than one would ever consider severe by any standards. And let there be no doubt that no child should ever have to suffer such a brutal flogging. However, the authorities felt that the only way to control the entire population of these two institutions was for the corporal punishment to be so far past severe that the fear of such a beating would somewhat control and curtail at least a majority of the so called “wrong doings.” And that it did. Again however, the hatred that such a beating created against authority (in each and every child that was punished in such a brutal manner) lasted for their entire lifetime.

Most of the boys I knew at Marianna were kids who were sent to FSB for minor crimes, at least by today’s standards. Judges constantly sentenced children to the reform school for "terrible crimes" such as smoking cigarettes, skipping school or running away from home in order to get away from abusive parents. The most common crime was labeled “incorrigible child.” That term even applied to children who got a drink of water or went to the bathroom without asking permission.

I do have to admit that there were a few bullies and as in every institution there were some rather rough and strange characters. The teenage years were very difficult times back then and each and every boy was out to prove how rough and tough they were. That practice is commonplace even in today’s society. Where things began to get out of control was when the sexual aspect kicked in. Boys coming into their sexual peek felt they needed to be satisfied and at any cost. That generally led to the somewhat weaker boys being taken advantage of by these individuals. Because of this, many boys were glad that the White House beatings were in place and felt that such a deterrent protected them from such abuses and the few sexual predators that were present. Even then, this was not a major problem in most cottages. Most of the sexual predators were among the staff members of the two schools.

Having been to the school on two occasions; what I remember having had the most severe repercussions (later in life) was living daily under the constant fear of possibly going to the White House for a beating. Never knowing if one would survive or come out alive was terrifying. Once you knew you were going to the Torture Chamber; having to wait for up to three or four days and having to act as if you were not afraid in from of the other boys was also horrifying. And those damn walks from Mr. Hatton’s office to the White House Building door is a terrifying feeling I will remember until the day I die.

Roger says: I have two friends named Andrew Puel and Robert Straley who also went to the Reform School at Marianna back in the 1900s. Andrew never actually went to the White House Torture Chamber while there nor was he molested by staff members as were many boys during their stay at the school. However, what he did see was the result of one boy’s beating as he showered after returning from the White House. The shock of seeing a white boy’s skin turned as black as a car tire was something Andrew never forgot or got over. After I wrote the book “The White House Boys-An American Tragedy,” Andrew contacted Robert and I and we became friends.

Over the past three years Andrew and Robert have helped me investigate and hunt down many of the employees who beat, molested and harmed many boys during that era. They, being of modest means, have spent thousands of dollars to help bring some form of justice to the boys (now men) who were tragically and brutally beaten and abused.


According to Roger Dean Kiser:

Even after fifty years, I remember (very well) entering the Florida School for Boys Reform School grounds. The beauty of the manicured lawns, the well kept buildings, the gymnasium and the large swimming pool somewhat calmed my fears. How could anything be worse than the years of beatings, cursing and the sexual molestations I was suffering at the hands of the mean and hateful Matron, Mother Winters? Was it possible that a school operated by the State of Florida might be worse than was my ten year childhood living at the Children’s Home Society Orphanage in Jacksonville, Florida? There was no way. Or was there? I found it hard to believe that anyone, other than in the German concentration camps, could possibly be that mean and cruel?

The facility covered about 1400 acres. It was just a small smidgen of land hidden deep in the North Florida woods. My country, known as the United States of America, had just saved the world from Hitler and the Japanese. But I guess the Army and Marines didn’t know about what was happening in Jackson County ‘cause that was a place where Superman or even God himself might have feared to tread.

Little did I realize at the time that I was entering a place of immense hate, excessive cruelty and a realm of total bloody horror. It was a time in Florida’s history that formed many negative memories in the minds of thousands of young innocent little boys. Memories that would haunt, curse, damage and destroy the wives, children, families and even the friends of the men these boys would one day become.

My twelve year old eyes shifted from side to side as we entered the campus. My mind was racing as I tried to decide if what I was about to experience was good or bad. I had heard from the Duval County juvenile authorities that the reform school looked like a college campus and I guess they were right as it sure was a pretty place. My shoulders began to relax as the county police car pulled up in front of the large, white administration building. I smiled as a tall thin man walked toward the car. As he reached the back door of the car, I smiled and then pressed my lips together, hoping to hide my fear. “Move your fuckin’ ass, young man,” he screamed.

I knew right then and there that I had entered another hell hole. That night I cried for Matron, Mother Winters to come and get me so I could once again kiss and smell her wrinkled old body in the darkness.

I have been asked many times why I have pursued this matter for so many years. Was it the beatings, the abuse-maybe it was the killing of young boys? I had never given it much thought. All I knew was there was this deep feeling inside me that I had never forgot. One evening after the family had gone to bed, I lit a cigarette, opened a Coca Cola and I walk out onto my front porch. I stood there thinking about that question. All at once it came to me. It was not the beatings, the abuse, the molestations or the murders. It was the fear I felt inside my twelve year old mind on the two minute walk from Mr. Hatton’s office to that damn White House Building door. Not knowing if I would walk back out alive. I will never forget having to act brave in front of the other boys when all along I was scared to death. I will never forget wondering if I were about to die.


Freda Payne (has been linked to Quincy Jones, Edmund Sylvers and Steven Ford-the son of former U.S. President-Gerald Ford).

She's only been married once. When she filed for divorce from Gregory Abbott, he responded with the following quote: "I'm No Gigolo!"

The couple lived together a year before they walked down the aisle and Abbott insisted he married Payne for love and not money.

Abbott initially wanted custody of their son. Freda shrugged and said she should get custody because "Gregory isn't working. How is he going to take care of our child?"

Freda added: Gregory wanted to become my manager because he observed the managerial process but being a manager means more than picking up the phone and making calls. My needs are for someone who is a seasoned manager.

I needed more than just a lover. You can find those anywhere. I really thought Gregory and I would be able to grow together. I kept thinking that eventually I'd see a change in Gregory but it didn't happen.

Abbott said the marriage got in the way of launching a writing career. Although he wrote a column and features for a black nudie magazine and features for a gossip periodical.

Abbott cited in the divorce petition that he was unemployed and had no funds and he's in debt for $20,000 in college loans.

Freda insisted that she wouldn't part easily with any of her holdings, including a multi-million dollar mansion. Reasoning: "I've worked too hard to accumulate them."

Abbott would go on to become a successful college professor and would later pen and record the hit single "Shake You Down." This song would make him a millionaire.

Freda continues to live in the luxury that she's accustomed to.


James B. "Killer" Miller, (October 25, 1866 - April 19, 1909) was also known as Deacon Jim because he regularly attended the Methodist Church and because he did not smoke or drink. He was an outlaw and assassin of the Old West and was lynched by a mob of angry citizens over his assassination of a former Deputy U.S. Marshal.

Miller (pictured above, far left) was married to the cousin of another famous old west outlaw, John Wesley Hardin.

Frequently circulated stories that both of Miller's parents died when he was very young, and that he killed both his grandparents when he was eight years old, are untrue. The 1880 census records him as being nineteen years old, living in Coryell County, Texas with his siblings and widowed mother. In 1884, at age twenty-three, Miller was arrested for the murder of his sister's husband John Coop, who had been killed by a shotgun blast while he was sleeping. Miller was convicted and sentenced to life in prison: however, the conviction was appealed, and he was acquitted for lack of evidence.

After his release, Miller traveled to San Saba County and embarked on a career as an assassin, loudly proclaiming that he would murder anyone for money (accounts of his price vary between $150 and $2,000). Between the late-1880s and early-1890s until his death Miller was alleged to have been involved in at least eight murders for hire, and another six killings as a result of saloon altercations or gambling disputes. Legend spread that he killed more than fifty men in his lifetime.

He had a reputation for getting the job done quickly and efficiently, usually by means of a shotgun ambush at night, and for always wearing a large, black frock coat and a life preserver.

On April 12, 1894, in Pecos, Texas, Miller was confronted by Sheriff George A. "Bud" Frazer about his involvement with the murder of cattleman Con Gibson. Frazer did not wait for Miller to go for his shotgun, and he shot the assassin five times. Miller sustained only a small injury to his right arm.


While Miller was attempting to fire his gun with his left hand, Frazer fired again, hitting Miller in the side, which finally put him down. After Miller's friends had rushed him to a doctor, his frock coat was removed to reveal the large steel plate that Miller wore under his clothes, which resisted most of the bullets from Frazer's gun, saving the assassin's life.

In 1896, Miller killed Frazer, who was no longer a sheriff and was working as a stable hand in Toyah, Texas, with a shotgun blast to the face.

On August 1, 1906, Miller killed the Bureau of Indian Affairs Lawman Ben C. Collins in Oklahoma as retribution from the friends of an outlaw shot and killed by Collins that same year.

Miller was reportedly paid $2,000 ($15,000 in today's dollars) to do so by unknown persons for that murder, which he carried out in front of Collins's home in front of Collins's wife. Miller was arrested for the murder, but he was never convicted and was eventually released.

On February 28, 1908, ex-lawman and killer of Billy The Kid, Pat Garrett, was killed near Las Cruces, New Mexico, ostensibly because of a land dispute. Miller was alleged to have committed the murder and to have been paid to do so.

Miller was contracted by local ranchers Jesse West and Joe Allen, through middleman Berry B. Burell (though there is controversy over the spelling of the man's name), for the murder of Oklahoma cattle rancher and former Deputy U.S. Marshal Allen Augustus "Gus" Bobbitt of Ada,

Oklahoma, either to acquire his land after his death or because of a personal grudge against the man (accounts vary). The fee was $1,700. On February 27, 1909, Miller shot Bobbitt with his shotgun, though the man reportedly survived long enough to return home to identify his killer to his wife. The murder was also witnessed by Oscar Peeler, the 19-year-old cowhand who accepted $50 to lead Miller to Bobbitt. Miller was arrested in Texas by a Texas Ranger and extradited to Oklahoma to stand trial alongside Jesse West, Joe Allen and Berry Burrell.

A mob — reported by The Daily Ardmoreite as 200, and by Associated Press as "estimated from 30 to 40 in number" — broke into the jail "between two and three o'clock" on the morning of April 19, 1909. The mob dragged the four men outside to an abandoned livery stable behind the jail. Miller remained stoic while the other three reportedly begged for their lives. Miller made two final requests: that his diamond ring be given to his wife, and that he be permitted to wear his black hat while being hanged. Both requests were granted. Miller is reported to have shouted "Let 'er rip!" and stepped voluntarily off his box. Ironically two prisoners who had killed Allen, Oklahoma Town Marshal Zeke Putnam were not lynched.

The bodies of all four men were left hanging for several hours while a photographer could be brought in to immortalize the moment. These photos were sold to tourists in Ada for many years.

The iron plate that Miller frequently wore under his frock coat was the inspiration for Clint Eastwood to do the same in the 1964 spaghetti western "A Fistful of Dollars."


Elbridge "Al" Bryant (September 28, 1939 – October 26, 1975) was a tenor singer, and one of the founding members of Motown singing group The Temptations.

Bryant (nicknamed "Al" or "Bones") was born in Thomasville, Georgia and later moved to Detroit, Michigan, where he met best friend Otis Williams. Williams and Bryant were in a number of groups together, including Otis Williams & the Siberians, the El Domingoes, and The Distants before forming The Elgins in 1960 with fellow Distants Melvin Franklin and Otis Williams, and Primes Eddie Kendricks and Paul Williams. The Elgins would re-christen themselves as The Temptations before signing with Miracle Records, a subsidiary of Motown Records. After releasing two of the group’s singles, the label was closed and all following singles were released under the Gordy Records label.

On The Temptations’ studio recordings using this lineup, Paul Williams and Kendricks would split most of the leads, while Otis Williams, Franklin and (the rarely recorded) Bryant were usually called upon to sing background vocals and deliver ad-libs, harmony vocals, and occasionally a few lead lines.

However all five group members got a chance to sing lead when they performed live on stage; most of which was handled by Bryant, Kendricks and Paul Williams (the latter would serve as the Temptations main lead, both on stage and in the studio, for most of this period). Bryant would also sometimes sing the lead on "May I Have This Dance" (led by Kendricks-in his natural voice-on the studio recording), and was a co-lead on "I Want a Love I Can See" (led only by Paul Williams on the studio version) during live performances the group made in 1963. They also served as background singers for various Motown acts, including Mary Wells and Marvin Gaye.

During the Temptations' first two years with Motown, they only scored one charting single, "Dream Come True", which hit #22 on the R&B charts; the b-side to the single, "Isn't She Pretty", featured all five members trading lead vocals. But despite its commercial success the single still failed to make the U.S. Hot 100 pop singles charts, just as the group’s other six singles released during this period (although most became huge regional hits). Their lack of national success caused Bryant to become restless: he had a regular day job as a milk man, which he preferred to constantly performing and recording with the group.

By 1963, Bryant had become sometimes volatile and unpredictable to deal with. One mid-1963 backstage altercation between Bryant and Paul Williams resulted in the former smashing a beer bottle across the latter's face and landed him in the hospital. Surprisingly, Paul forgave Al and talked the other group members out of firing him as he was determined to give Bryant another chance. However, a few months later, the group would determine that he had done little to change and was still being uncooperative.

After a second altercation onstage during Motown's 1963 company Christmas party, Bryant was fired from the group. By the New Year of 1964, the Temptations had recruited David Ruffin as their new fifth member, and the group recorded what would be their first Top 20 pop hit, "The Way You Do the Things You Do."

After being fired from the Temptations, Bryant turned up in a number of other Detroit singing groups, including The Premiers, which reunited him with former Distants bandmate Pee Wee Crawford. He is also listed as appearing with The Dramatics at the Summit on August 23, 1972 when they recorded their Dramatics Live CD, released in 1988 for Fantasy/Stax Records.

Al Bryant died of cirrhosis of the liver in Flagler County, Florida on October 26, 1975 at the age of 36. He was married to Bobbie Jean Bryant; she and their daughter still live in the Detroit area.


A bitter wind whips off the Bronx River, spinning loose trash through the desolate streets below the Bruckner Expressway. The prospect of finding anyone out in this industrial area at 3 a.m. seems remote. Yet here, huddles a crowd of 300 strong. The throng is waiting to slide $20 through a slit in a scratched-up bulletproof window and enter the warehouse, a club that even its promoters call a well-kept secret.

This fact suits the mood of the place, which is located in an old Fieldstone building once owned by the gangster Dutch Schultz. During prohibition days, Schultz ran numbers in Harlem and monopolized bootleg beer in the Bronx.

The symmetry's accidental, of course, but the men on line outside Warehouse are also thugz—and the z is no typo. In place of fedoras and spats, they're wearing do-rags and XXX FUBU jackets. Instead of double-breasted worsteds, they sport gold caps and platinum necklaces heavy as bike chains. Their bandannas are knotted sideways in the manner of the One Eight Trey Bloods. Their shoes are Timberlands or the neo nerd Wallabies.

Their trousers are army fatigues worn so outrageously big they slide off the wearers' hips. If the clubgoers' mode can be loosely classified as thug style—that is, a harder, more gangsta-identified version of standard urban wear—it's the appropriate look for a nine-hour hip-hop party at the largest gay club in the borough and, for tonight at least, the city's largest gathering of homo thugz.

"A lot of people don't like faggots," explains clubgoer Craig Henderson. "There are all these myths about faggots being soft and feminine, like you're lacy and wear chiffon and listen to Barbara Streisand. Straight-up homies, niggaz, and thugz can do what they want. You can walk through projects and be gay. But you can't walk through the project and be a faggot, because that's when they'll mock and harass."

Upstairs in the two-story Warehouse is a dance floor, a stage, and a lounge with islands of boxy seating and carpet-covered banquettes. The long wood island-bar is lit by fake Tiffany lamps and Christmas bulbs; at one side of the lounge is a food concession, Junior's Hotpot, where patrons can buy chicken wings and collard greens as well as beeper lighters and laser key chains. Junior, who also goes by the name of Lester Richards, is a veteran of New York's underground black gay scene, from the storied Paradise Garage to such louche bars as Jay's and Better Days. "It's a whole change in how people are seeing gay men," says Richards.

"A lot of straight men see gay men as strictly a sex object. There's a guy that works here who's straight, and he thinks people are gonna jump across the counter to get him. I told him it's not like that. It's not like we're all sex perpetrators or femmes. Around my way, they call me a homo thug. It's a style thing, like you're not putting your business in the street. You're gay but you keep it on the D.L."

There are those who'd suggest that the subterranean culture of the D.L., or "down low," has not just glamorized canine behavior in heterosexual men but has served to recloset gay men of color.

"I don't like people that, when I'm walking the streets, say I'm gay," says Charles Jackson, an out homosexual and one of the producers of Warehouse's hip-hop night. "There's still a lot of gay bashing out there. If you dress thug style, nobody's gonna bother you, because thugness and realness is an ultimate man." After years of promoting parties at such largely white gay venues as the Sound Factory Bar, Jackson struck upon the idea of throwing parties that catered to what he saw as a burgeoning group of men who "follow the B-boy image," are "attracted to guns and guys who are into the life," and who are also "on the down low and yet wanting to party in an atmosphere that takes club music to a more hip-hop level."

At those venues enjoyed by "privileged" white gays, house music remains a dominant form, and styles of personal affirmation and masculine presentation are largely alien or inhospitable to young black gay men. For those on the d.l.—both young and old—outlets for community, sex, and music have required nontraditional spaces. You can find them jamming chat rooms called GayThugz4GayThugz, or BlkThug4Blkmn or BlkDLM4M, or convening at private sex parties such where "homies, thugs, roughnecks, and shorties" were invited to partake of all the "d**k and a*s you can handle"—a telephone recording made it clear that no femmes or sissies need apply. You can, of course, meet them at the Warehouse's weekly hip-hop lounge and its once-monthly main space party.

In reality, many prominent rappers have visited and even performed at Warehouse parties, according to the club's Lester Richards.

With the crowd now posing and styling, two Mary J. Blige imitators in white mink jackets dancing together at the edge of the floor, a couple of B-boys with dreads grinding at stageside, and hundreds more being carried along by the groove.

Source: Guy Trebay


Who could imagine in their wildest dreams that being born a girl would be punishable by death? A baby girl came into the world on June 4, 1986 and was given the name Loralei Marie (2nd photo) by her parents, Robert and Paula Sims (1st photo). Thirteen days later, this baby girl would be reported as kidnapped and then found dead.

On June 17, 1986 in Brighton, Illinois, a neighbor heard a knock on her door and answered it to find Paula Sims crying and telling her that a masked gunman had taken her daughter, (Loralei). The neighbor called the Sheriff and then handed her phone to Paula who called her husband, Robert Sims.

Sheriff Yocam arrived at their home after Robert and was told that there had been hang up calls received by the Sim's. The woman who had shared a room with Paula at the hospital (after giving birth) recounted a conversation she overheard between Paula and Robert. Paula was apologizing over and over to Robert for having a girl instead of a boy and she was sorry for letting him down.

During her questioning, it was noted that Paula was making crying noises the entire time, however, she never cried a single tear. Robert Sims requested road blocks and a helicopter to help look for his child.

On Tuesday, June 24, 1986, Loralei Sims remains were found in the woods behind the home of Robert and Paula Sims. All that remained of her was her skeleton and a small amount of red hair.

The Pathologist reported that someone had placed their hand over Loralei's nose and mouth and suffocated her until she was dead. Robert and Paula Sims took lie detector tests and failed. They lied to the press and told them that they had passed. Paula went in front of a grand jury and invoked her 5th amendment right. Without sufficient evidence, Paula and Robert could not be charged.

On February 1, 1998 a baby boy was born to Robert and Paula, they named him Randall in memory of Paula's brother who had been killed in a car accident. To protect his newborn son, Robert put up a chain link fence as well as making some rules about who could and could not hold the baby and when. Everyone had to wash their hands before holding Randy and anyone who was sick couldn't visit. Paula was no longer allowed to visit her own family because she might bring germs back with her. Robert was the only one allowed to sterilize Randy's bottles since he thought Paula wouldn't do it properly.

Randy was about 2 1/2 years old when Paula realized she was pregnant with a girl. Paula knew that this was going to upset Robert and she was right. Robert began to find fault in everything she did including doing the dishes, the laundry and how she took care of herself. Robert thought Paula wasn't clean enough as a result of how often he made her wash her hands, they were cracked and bleeding. At one point, Paula told Robert she was unhappy and wanted to leave him, he wasn't worried about it at all, saying:

"Fine, take that thing you are carrying and leave my son with me."

On March 18, 1999, Paula gave birth to a baby girl, Heather Lee Sims (3rd photo). 42 days after her birth, Heather Lee would be reported kidnapped. On April 29 Paula told police that she was taking out the trash and a masked gunman told her to go into the house and knocked her unconscious. Upon waking up, Paula discovered that her daughter was missing.

"This has happened to us before, at the last place we lived."

Heather's remains were found in a trash can, in a park on May 3, by a man collecting cans. Robert and Paula became the prime suspects in the death of their daughter, but, the state wanted to gather more evidence to prove their guilt. The Sim's were informed that an autopsy would be performed the next day.

The autopsy revealed three small cuts on the inside of Heather's top lip. The Coroner said that something had been pressed against Heather's face to smother her to death. The cause of death was listed as homicide.

Paula was charged with murder and concealing a crime. Paula denied all of the charges.

The state sought the death penalty. A jury didn't believe Paula's story and after finding her guilty, on On February 2, 1990, sentenced her to life in prison without the possibility of parole.

In August, Robert visited Paula in the Dwight Correctional Facility and informed her that he was filing for divorce. No charges were brought against Robert. Randall was removed from his custody and later it was restored. Conditions of the divorce stated that Robert had to bring their son to visit her once a month. During one visit, Randall asked Paula why she had killed his sister. When Paula told him she was sorry he said something that led her to believe that Robert had told him to say it:

"That just ain't good enough Paula."

About two years later, while still in prison, Paula finally admitted to killing both of her baby girls. She said she knew Robert was upset about her having given birth to two girls and she drowned them both in the bathtub.


Carlett Brown was born in New Orleans to a Haitian mother and Baptist minister who left when the child was three.

She transitioned to female in 1965 and became Delisa Newton.

She was billed as ‘The First Negro Sex Change.'

She worked as a nurse and was also a jazz vocalist.

Headlines featuring Delisa Newton:

Delisa Newton. “My lover beat me." National Insider, June 20, 1965.

Delisa Newton. “Why I could never marry a white man!” National Insider July 18, 1965.

Delisa Newton. “From Man to Woman." Sepia. 1966.

Delisa Newton inspired Carole Small (above) to have a sex change.

This Philadelphia native relocated to Germany where she became an illusionist/magician and singer.

She had a large following and the majority of her shows were sold out.

She was the first African American transgendered (illusionist/magician) in history. According to old news reports, she was good at her craft.

She moved to Chicago in the 1960's where she was a member of the Jewel Box Revue.

If she's still alive, she would be in her 70's.

Transsexual model/actress Tula had a brief role in a James Bond film "For Your Eyes Only," but she wasn't the first transsexual to appear in a hit film.

That distinction belongs to a black transsexual model who appeared in "Blacula," (one scene).

After filming, she returned to Detroit to work in a high end department store. Men were often in pursuit, bringing her gifts at work. Store managers were informed (that she was a transsexual), they refused to fire her because she was their top salesperson.

It's rumored, she participated in a traveling fashion show-for one season.

She eventually relocated to Hollywood and hung out with the top black actresses of the era.

Gay News carried a short article saying Vicky de Lambray was a convicted High Society art thief and apparent MI5 tempter/temptress.


Vicky de Lambray, also known as Vikki de Lambray, formerly David Christian Lloyd-Gibbon or David Gibbon, was a transvestite male prostitute, con man and thief.

During her colorful career, de Lambray was often in the headlines because of court appearances, sex scandals and claims that he was a spy. Shortly before his death he had been trying to sell a story to the Sunday newspaper The Sunday People about a wealthy member of the aristocracy who he claimed was being supplied with heroin in return for sexual favors.

A senior British civil servant, Sir James Dunnet, was questioned by Scotland Yard detectives over a brief sexual encounter he had had with de Lambray in the early years of his retirement. Official concern over this liaison stemmed from the claim of the prostitute that a Soviet spy had also been among his clients at that time, a circumstance which might, given Dunnet's former position at the Ministry of Defense, have constituted a security risk.

Detectives investigating a series of homosexual murders found de Lambray's name listed in a suspect's address book.

The story had all the right elements to send Britain's Fleet Street tabloids into a frenzy. Spies, male prostitutes, transvestites and it was soon discovered-a Russian naval attache Captain Anatoli Zotov,who was also a client of de Lambray's.

Friends of de Lambray's warned him had gone too far and that embarrassing the secret services like MI6 just wasn't a healthy game. They warned him to expect recriminations.

When de Lambray announced he had written a 900 page book detailing the names of his famous clients, the nervousness increased.

A few weeks later, The Press Association received a frantic phone call:

"A group of men have broken into my flat and injected me with heroin or something." It was Vikki de Lambray. Many reporters were used to Vikki's odd and dramatic phone calls and the reporter who answered the call took little notice.

But the following day Vikki's fully clothed body was found, slumped in an arm chair. A post mortem found no marks on his body and could not ascertain how he died. His body still lies in a London morgue.

Missing from de Lambray's flat was the manuscript detailing his affairs with famous names, which a friend said had been there when he visited Vikki earlier that day.

Ugo Gabriele aka "Ketty" (Napoli, July 10, 1981) is a reputed Italian mafia figure. Gabriele, a member of the Camorra crime family, was billed as the first transgender mafia figure following an arrest by Naples police in February 2009. According to authorities, Gabriele is a small time capo behind a drug and prostitution ring for the Scissionisti di Secondigliano clan of the Camorra.

She pushed large quantities of drugs for Camorra boss Paolo Di Lauro, but since his arrest and the so-called Scampia feud between Camorra gangs, she did not need to answer to anyone anymore.

Ugo’s elder brother, Salvatore Gabriele, is one of the Camorristi that graduated to become a boss. He wanted to extend his activities traveling the up and down Italy, supplying large and small-scale dealers, and left Ketty to run things at Scampia.

Morris Day has seven children by five different women. Three of his children are with his stunning first wife (Judy Day-former background singer to the late Lou Rawls).

They divorced in 2008, after Morris fathered a child outside the marriage. The couple had been married 22 years.

Candi Staton had a string of hits in the 70's, including "Young Hearts Run Free," and a cover of "Stand By Your Man." She was known as the Southern Queen of Soul.

Candi was briefly married to blind singer Clarence Carter (top photo) but they divorced due to his infidelity.

Candi would be linked to Al Green, Eddie Levert and Johnny Taylor.

Staton describes her third husband (Jimmy) as a pimp and hustler. He also enjoyed cocaine and carried a gun.

After their divorce, Staton hooked up with Diana Ross's drummer (John Susswell).

Candi Staton recently married former baseball player Otis Nixon. He runs the On-Track Ministries and is currently working towards obtaining his master's degree in Divinity.

Otis Nixon was once married to Pebbles (singer) and Juanita Leonard (Sugar Ray Leonard's ex).





return to top