We decided to create this feature to expose unsolved murders and missing cases involving African-American men and women since their cases receive little if any media attention across the country and people in general (regardless of race) whose cases receive little media attention. 

We ask, if you are a relative or friend of a missing person/victim of an unsolved homicide.  Please submit their case (and photo) by emailing a link from your local paper (if the case received any publicity) and we will include their case in this feature. 

Also supply a contact name (of the detective) and his number, in case anyone has information regarding the case.

Email the information to: paris@panachereport.com


After an annual Memorial Day weekend trip to Miami, Stepha Henry, 22, above, got into a friend's car headed to a club.

She has yet to reappear.

A week ago, Henry's 16-year-old sister flew back to New York alone.

Police renewed their efforts Tuesday for tips that might lead to Henry, who was last seen getting into a black sedan, possibly a four-door Acura, about 1 a.m. May 29.

Henry, a recent graduate of John Jay College of Criminal Justice, had been staying with her aunt in Miami Gardens.

She told family members a friend she had previously known was going to take her to the nightclub at Peppers Cafe, 3828 N. University Dr., in Fort Lauderdale.

''She gave the impression it was just a ride,'' cousin Karen Clarke said from New York. ``It wasn't like a date or anything.''

It was unclear if Henry ever made it to the club.

The petite red-haired woman was last seen wearing a black dress with a white T-shirt underneath.

Calls to her cellphone went straight to voice mail, her cousin said.

Born in Trinidad and raised mostly in Brooklyn, Henry aspired to become a lawyer.

She earned a bachelor's degree in criminal justice and a minor in psychology.

Henry had just taken a job at the school's enrollment management office.

Henry came to Miami-Dade every year for Memorial Day weekend celebrations.

This year, her 16-year-old sister tagged along.

Her young sister stayed home the night she disappeared.

''We've had investigators working on this around the clock,'' said Miami-Dade Detective Roy Rutland. ``We're taking this investigation very seriously.''

A vigil will be held today at the college campus in New York, the school said in a news release Tuesday.


Police arrested a man in Brooklyn Tuesday morning in connection with the killing and disappearance of a New York woman (Stepha Henry) who went missing last Memorial Day weekend in South Florida, authorities said.

Kendrick Lincoln Williams, 32, (above) is accused of killing Stepha Henry, 22, said Detective Alvaro Zabaleta, a Miami-Dade police spokesman, in a news release Tuesday. Officers from Miami-Dade police and the New York Police Department worked together to track down Williams, who drove Henry to the Sunrise nightclub where she was last seen May 29. He is being charged with second-degree murder.

Detectives are questioning him in New York now, Zabaleta said. Henry's body is still missing.

4-year-old Jonique Williams' death made national news during a July 4th weekend when her body was found in the backyard pool of a Modesto relative's house, where she had attended a family barbecue the day before.

Jonique's family had reported her missing and feared she had been abducted by a stranger. The next day, her body turned up in an area police said they had searched repeatedly, turning a missing-child case into a murder mystery.

8 years later, police know of no suspect and no motive and are prepared for a case that may remain unsolved for many years. They have also been unable to get the girl's mother and stepfather to talk about the girl's death. Police insist, the parents are not suspects because store receipts prove they were not in the house during the disappearance.

``It's a completely bizarre case,'' said Kelly Huston, a former Modesto police officer who is special assistant to the Stanislaus County sheriff.

Police say the county coroner's investigation into the cause of death gives them unambiguous physical evidence that Jonique did not die by accident. Jonique, they said, died of asphyxiation at the hands of someone else.

Police refuse to release any more details about the coroner's findings, keeping secret from Jonique's killer or killers what little solid evidence they hold.

Jonique's mother, Sonya Hardy, and stepfather, Ward Haynes, gave initial statements but have since declined to answer questions or to take polygraph tests. They have refused several visits and repeated phone calls by investigators to their neat East Oakland bungalow.

``All we want to do is talk to them,'' said Modesto Police Sgt. Al Carter. ``If it were my child, I'd rattle any cage to find out who did it.''

Around the pool, as rescuers tried to revive the girl, the reaction was instant and powerful. Wails of grief.

In front of the house, the scene change was just as abrupt. The search for a missing child became a criminal investigation focused on those who had attended the party.

Officers theorized that the girl's body was placed into the pool shortly before being discovered.

Interviews with 50 people, polygraph tests, a $10,000 reward and pleas to the consciences of possible witnesses have not produced results.

``There are people with guilty consciences who realize that the right thing to do is come forward to tell the truth,'' Huston said. ``We will be as patient as we can for those people to come forward.''

*If you have any information pretaining to this case, please call Crime Stoppers @ (209) 521-4636

(Why No Natalee Holloway Type Coverage?)

FORT LEE, N.J. - When Lola Moore thinks back to the day her daughter and two dozen of her classmates said their goodbyes as they prepared to leave for a trip to Ghana, one moment is especially haunting. "The last thing the chaperones said was, `Don't worry — we'll take good care of her,'" Moore recalled Friday as she fought back tears. "And she was the only one who didn't come home."

Six weeks after 18-year-old Phylicia Moore's body was discovered at the bottom of a hotel swimming pool in the Ghanaian capital of Accra, Lola and Douglas Moore are demanding answers to questions they say have not been adequately answered by the initial investigation in Ghana or by school officials in Teaneck.

Their anger stems from two beliefs: that their daughter's death was not an accident, and that Phylicia would still be alive had the trip's chaperones been more vigilant in monitoring the students.

"She was stolen from us," Lola Moore said in an interview at the office of Nancy Lucianna, an attorney representing the family.

Lucianna filed a legal notice Friday informing the Teaneck School District of the Moores' intent to sue for negligence in their daughter's death.

They also have been pushing for the FBI to investigate, an effort aided by Rep. Steve Rothman, D-N.J. The U.S. ambassador to Ghana, Pamela E. Bridgewater, told the Moores in a letter Friday that Ron Nolan, the FBI's legal attache assigned to Lagos, Nigeria, would travel to Ghana next week and serve as a liaison to a task force formed by Ghanaian authorities to review Moore's death.

Under international law, the FBI cannot be formally involved in the investigation until it receives an official request from the Ghanaian government. The FBI had not received such a request as of Friday.

The details of the final hours of Phylicia Moore's life are frustratingly incomplete. She was seen leaving the hotel swimming pool alone around 10:30 p.m. April 15. About 11 hours later, her body was discovered in the pool, still clad in a tank top and shorts with a bathing suit underneath.

An autopsy performed in Ghana found no foul play, pending the results of toxicology tests. A separate autopsy performed in the United States for the Moores concluded that Phylicia's body had not been in the water for a significant amount of time.

Douglas Moore rejects the notion that his daughter, who could tread water but was not a swimmer, would have been horsing around in the pool — particularly at the deep end, where her body was found.

He is troubled that Phylicia's absence apparently was not noticed by the chaperones, nor was it reported to them by the students, some of whom were awake until the wee hours of the morning while the chaperones slept.

"Most certainly there was negligence," Douglas Moore said.

Teaneck High School Principal Angela Davis was out of the office Friday and could not be reached for comment. School district officials have said they support an FBI investigation into Phylicia's death.

The Moores claim Ghanaian authorities botched the investigation by failing to interview more than a handful of students and chaperones before the group continued its tour delivering supplies to schools and to an AIDS orphanage. The group returned to Accra before flying home, but that gave authorities little time to conclude an investigation.

"I feel it's important that in order to solve this, everybody should be interviewed, not just a few people," Douglas Moore said. "That goes for the people connected to the hotel, any visitors, all the students and the chaperones. Then they will most likely get a handle on what happened to my daughter. But to just let it go for a month like this, that's no good."

For now, the last images of Phylicia are found on a video shot by a student on the bus to the airport. She is wearing a pink sweat shirt and flashing what her mother called her "signature smile." She looks giddy with anticipation as the videographer asks her how she is feeling.

"I feel good," she says. "I'm leaving my parents. I'm excited. I'm scared I forgot something."

Tionda and Diamond Bradley were accustomed to staying home alone. Being the daughters of a single working mother they learned to be self-sufficient at an early age. Their mother, Tracey Bradley, told police that when she went to work early on the morning of July 6, 2001 her daughters were asleep in the living room, the best place in the apartment to escape the summer heat.

When she returned six hours later around noon she was planning to take the girls on a camping trip to Indiana. However, instead of finding her girls she found a note written in Tionda's handwriting. The note said that the girls were going to the store and going to play at a nearby school. Tionda was attending summer school and school officials say she was absent that day.

Tracey looked for her daughters for several hours but could not find them anywhere. She reported them missing Friday evening. Several neighborhood children have told cops that they saw the girls playing outside of their complex at around noon on Friday. Police say no one has seen them since. Police searched the areas surrounding the girl's home and Lake Police dug up the cellar of the abandoned New Hope church and found nothing. Investigators searched steel mills, thick woods and the murky bottoms of small lakes and big ponds.

Also, the girl's residence was located next door to a "teen sex offender" facility.

George Washington, Diamond's father, was interviewed by police for more than two days before he was allowed to go home. Along with their mother, Washington was one of the last family members to see the girls before they vanished. However, in the years since the Bradley sisters have been missing police say they are still waiting for the tip that will bring the girls home.

Diamond was 3 at the time she disappeared. She has a medium complexion and wears her hair in braided ponytails. She was last seen wearing purple ponytail holders in her hair. She has a scar on the left side of her scalp and has deep-set eyes. She is described as timid but loves to talk.

Her sister Tionda was ten at the time of her disappearance. She has a light complexion, slim build and wears her hair in long ponytails. She has a burn scar on her left forearm about the size of a quarter. Tionda was last seen wearing green ponytail holders in her hair. At the time of her disappearance she had a scrape on her left calf. She is described as being shy with strangers, and loves to run track and dance.


A relative came across a photo on the Internet that resembles a older Tionda, cops are investigating but won't comment on the picture because they don't won't to jeopardize the investigation.


TAMIKA ANTONETTE HUSTON, 24, has been missing from Spartanburg, South Carolina, since May 2004. That March, charges were filed against her boyfriend for hitting her. Just before her disappearance, her family learned that Tamika had been corresponding with Jermark “Chuck” Boozer, who was serving time in a federal prison in Edgfield, South Carolina. Tamika had dated Boozer when they were teenagers, before his incarceration on drug-related charges. On May 24, security cameras and a sign-in sheet from that day at Edgefield recorded Tamika’s visit to Boozer. Police believe it was the last verifiable date that she was seen alive. By June 1, Boozer writes to Tamika noting that he hasn’t seen or heard from her for several days. Then, in late 2004 America’s Most Wanted and Dateline NBC became interested in Tamika’s story. Last February, new forensic evidence came to light after America’s Most Wanted hired a locksmith to investigate a single key found in Tamika’s car, which led to an apartment. Records show that the man who lived there around the time Tamika went missing rented a steam cleaner on May 26 and then quickly moved out. According to police, the current suspect is a convicted felon currently being held on a parole violation. If you have information about her disappearance, contact the Spartanburg Public Safety Department at (864) 596-2035.


Missing since January 3, 1999

On the day Daphne disappeared, her grandmother, Ethel Clark, had dropped her off at her New Orleans apartment at 2:30 p.m. Daphne, then 22, was scheduled to work a 3:00 p.m. shift at Brennan’s Restaurant, but she never made it. “I didn’t have a good feeling about leaving her at that dark apartment,” Clark recalls. A student at the University of New Orleans, Daphne had recently moved from the dorms into an apartment after learning she was pregnant. She had a plane ticket and planned to leave for Maryland in six days, to live with her mother. To report information about Daphne’s disappearance, contact Captain Defillo at the New Orleans Police Department, (504) 658-5858.


Missing since May 2003

Twenty-two years old when she disappeared from Aurora, Illinois, Tyesha had been a teenage mother; her daughters are now ages 7 and 3. Though in conflict with her own mother for much of her adolescence, in recent years Tyesha had started shopping with her, and the two women were talking more. Police say that phone records show that on the night Tyesha disappeared, the father of her younger daughter called. According to Tyesha’s mother, Tyesha wasn’t working, and he had apparently been taking care of her financially. “I just can’t see her up and leaving her children,” says Tyesha’s mother. “I’m still holding on to hope.” To report information about Tyesha’s disappearance, contact Detective James Coursey at the Aurora Police Department, (630) 801-6712.


Missing since August 2003

Dymashal, an Atlanta real-estate loan officer, is the mother of five children, including twin girls. “Dee Dee,” as she is known, married their father in 1999. The couple later separated. Dee Dee’s mother, Viola Corbitt, says that in early 2003, the twins’ father wanted to reconcile with Dee Dee, then 32. Though Dee Dee talked with her mother about filing for divorce in July, she still let him move into her home in August. Corbitt last spoke with Dee Dee at 7:00 p.m. on August 28. “She was dating a new guy,” she recalls. “She was laughing and happy when she called me.” Three weeks later, her SUV was found abandoned. To report information about Dymashal’s disappearance, contact Detective Loy, Atlanta Police Department, (404) 853-4235.


Missing since September 30, 2000

Latoya was 25 at the time of her disappearance from Hayward, California. After attending a birthday party in her honor thrown by coworkers at the Bosley Medical Center in San Francisco, Latoya returned to the Riverside Terrace apartments. She was seen doing laundry at about 10:00 p.m. Her 4-year-old daughter was staying with her boyfriend’s mother, and Latoya was supposed to pick her up the next day. She was last seen leaving her apartment that night. Her boyfriend, Nathan, reported her missing three days later. Her car was found abandoned with her purse on the seat. To report information about Latoya’s disappearance, contact Detective Stuart, Hayward Police Department, (510) 293-7219.


Missing since September 2004

On the day Shirley, 40, went missing from Richardson, Texas, she had called home while working a job in Rowlett. The co-owner of a cleaning business with her husband of 11 years, Shirley was on her way to another job at about 11:00 a.m. Her Ford Escort was found the next day in south Dallas, more than 20 miles away from her destination. “We’re still just baffled by the whole thing,” says her husband, Sam Geanes. Shirley has three children from previous relationships. Since her disappearance, Sam hasn’t had much contact with any of them. “Everybody is just coming to grips with the reality that she’s missing,” he says. “Even though that’s sad, and at times really difficult, I try to prepare myself spiritually for the worst.” To report information about Shirley’s disappearance, contact Sergeant Kevin Perlich at the Richardson Police Department, (972) 744-4801.


Missing since October 2003

A resident of Camden, New Jersey, Kireasha, then 19, was last seen at her residence at approximately 8:30 p.m. on the day she went missing two years ago. She did not pick up paychecks from two jobs. According to public records, a Kireasha Linkhorne, now 21 and a resident of New York City, registered to vote in May 2004. But Detective Agron of the Camden Police Department says, “We’ve had no information about that. She’s still missing, according to our records.” Since her disappearance, Detective Agron has lost contact with Kireasha’s family and has been unable to locate a forwarding address or phone number. To report information about Kireasha’s disappearance, contact Detective Agron at the Camden Police Department, (856) 757-7400.


Missing since October 2003

The Marietta, Georgia, resident was 28 years old and the mother of five children under the age of 14 when she went missing. According to her mother, Barbara Crane, she had been living with her estranged husband, “trying to rekindle the relationship.” Marcie had recently completed training in real estate and was trying to establish her own business. She told her mother that she had borrowed $30,000 from someone who had subsequently chased her with a car and threatened her life. Another man, who had helped Marcie pay for schooling, was later discovered by police to be using a fake name. Barbara Crane admits she didn’t know much about the men in her daughter’s life, including her husband of less than a year, whom Marcie may have met on the Internet. To report information about Marcie’s disappearance, contact Detective Chris Twiggs at the Cobb County Police Department, (770) 499-3931.

WHERE TO CALL When someone you love is missing, in addition to state and federal law-enforcement authorities, these agencies can help:

National Center for Missing Adults A division of the Nation’s Missing Children Organization, Inc., this nonprofit organization works with the U.S. Department of Justice to provide a national clearinghouse for data on missing adults and also assists law enforcement and families with information and advocacy. Address: 2432 W. Peoria Ave., Ste. 1286, Phoenix AZ 85029. Hotline: (800) 690-FIND; Tel: (602) 749-2000; Fax: (602) 749-2020; Web site: theyaremissed.org/ncma.

Team Hope Established in 1998, the Philadelphia-based Team Hope assists families in crisis by offering “counsel, resources, empowerment and emotional support” from trained volunteers who have endured the trauma of a missing child and can share information based on firsthand experience. Tel: (866) 305-HOPE; Web site: teamhope.org/adultsdo.html.

Rino Kids This organization offers free help to families in creating Web pages for missing relatives. It also works with police to distribute the information to more than 500 search engines. Tel: (646) 219-2438; Web site: rinokids.com; E-mail: missing@rinokids.com.


A 28-year-old pharmaceutical representative for Eli Lilly & Co. was last heard from Tuesday night when she text-messaged a boyfriend to say she was at dinner and would call when she was done, Chicago Police said.

Nailah Franklin text-messaged her boyfriend, a Milwaukee resident, about 8:15 p.m. Tuesday, police said. She spoke to friends on her cell phone Sunday.

Last week, Franklin, who lives in a condo in the 1500 block of South Sangamon, filed a police report saying she received phone threats, but she did not obtain a protection order. Police are looking at credit card and cell phone records and at two laptop computers found in her condo for any evidence of her whereabouts. Her car is missing.

Update: Nailah Franklin's abandoned car has been located.  A short time later, her lifeless body was found.  As we go to press, the police are still investigating Franklin's murder and they have yet to name a suspect.


NBA star Antoine Walker is the alleged “best friend” of Reginald Potts (background of photo). Reginald, who attended all of Antoine’s Chicago Land All-Star Classic weekend events this year and was spotted driving around in a white Bentley (wearing a white linen suit/white knit cap to nightclub Excalibur on August 12th 2007) is currently being held on first-degree murder charges in the death of 28-year-old Nailah Franklin (first photo, forefront).

JACKSON, Miss. — A college student has been missing for a week, and this city’s police chief says her race is the reason her disappearance hasn’t gotten more attention.

Latasha Norman, who is black, was last seen November 13 in one of her classes at Jackson State University. Her car was left on the campus, and the 20-year-old never returned to her dormitory room.

Luther Samuel, a detective with the campus police, said investigators have combed the campus and have been searching all over the state, but no sightings of Norman have been reported.

Police say they have no suspects. Among the people they have questioned are her current boyfriend and an ex-boyfriend who was charged Thursday with hitting Norman last month.

Jackson Police Chief Malcolm McMillin said Norman’s disappearance should get “the same kind of concern” as that of Stacy Peterson, 23, a white woman from suburban Chicago who has been missing for three weeks.