Film director Sofia Coppola — best known for 2003’s Oscar-winning "Lost In Translation," which starred Scarlett Johansson — has made the Chateau Marmont the leading character in her latest movie, "Somewhere."


A 19-year-old Scarlett Johansson was so overcome by its heady atmosphere in 2004 that she couldn’t wait to get upstairs with Puerto Rican star Benicio Del Toro and ripped off his clothes in the elevator. ‘We were making out or having sex or something,’ she readily admitted later.

The following morning, you could view actor Terrance Stamp during yoga (in the nude) on his deck.

So why does the Chateau trigger such legendary bad behavior?

Errol Flynn bedded his three wives there in quick secession — then moved on to Marlene Dietrich and a series of under-age nymphets. No one turned a hair. Clark Gable and movie co-star Jean Harlow (the original hot blonde) canoodled there while she was on honeymoon with her husband Chuck McGrew. He didn’t suspect a thing.

But even Gable wasn’t enough for insatiable Harlow. She would hang a sign saying ‘Gone Fishing’ on her bedroom door when she ventured out onto the Sunset Strip to find some handsome younger model to seduce.

Not content with just romancing the world’s most desirable women, Rita Hayworth and Ava Gardner, on the hotel’s upper floors, airline mogul Howard Hughes could often be found leering through a pair of binoculars at girls sunbathing by the pool.

Of course, aficionados of the hotel will know such ungentlemanly conduct is unlikely today — because the eucalyptus hedge has grown so tall. Hollywood’s A-list were able to get away with all manner of disgraceful behavior because the Chateau’s staff always maintained a discreet and reliable silence.

So much so that movie magnate Harry Cohn, founder of Columbia Pictures, famously advised his hot-blooded starlets: ‘If you are going to behave badly, be sure to do so in the Chateau Marmont.’

An undiscovered Marilyn Monroe regularly hung around the hotel’s corridors in the Fifties and director Nicholas Ray bedded an underage Natalie Wood in one of the bungalows, while casting her for "Rebel Without A Cause," opposite James Dean. Another member of the film’s cast was the outrageous "Easy Rider," star Dennis Hopper. Orgies attended by up to 50 girls were greedily recorded on camera by him.

In order to fuel his warped appetites, Hopper would inject himself with a mixture of cocaine and heroin every ten minutes. This was the same combination that killed John Belushi in Bungalow number three.

Bisexual star Tallulah Bankhead liked to drink and habitually arrived back at the hotel wasted.

Jim Morrison of The Doors was a regular and liked to mix Jack Daniel’s with LSD. After one excessive night, he nearly killed himself trying to shin down one of the hotel’s drain pipes.

Led Zeppelin once rode their motorbikes in the hotel lobby.

Since 1990, when the hotel was bought by New York hotelier Andre Balazs, the Chateau has enjoyed a fantastic revival, despite its now elevated prices (bungalows rent from £1,150 a night).

Habitues now include Madonna, Leonardo DiCaprio and, until he died in a crash while trying to navigate his car out of the car park, the erotic photographer Helmut Newton. Actress Uma Thurman — who once dated Balazs — was often spotted in the bar.

Nowadays, it is frequented by his new girlfriend, wild rocker Courtney Love whose late husband Kurt Cobain shot himself dead.

Courtney says that even though her latest lover has given her the key to his private apartment elsewhere in town, she would much rather stay at the hotel.

Britney Spears is reputedly banned from Marmont. The singer is said to have smeared food over herself in the garden restaurant at the height of her nervous breakdown.

Source: Glenys Roberts



It's been widely rumored for years that Elvis Presley made the following statement: "The only thing a Black person could do for me is shine my shoes!" In reality, Elvis never made this comment.

According to Mary Jenkins (a black chef-who worked for Elvis): Elvis Presley called her in to talk about it. He said, 'You know, they put the wrong report out on me. I couldn't have said that terrible thing if I wanted to. If it wasn't for Black people and the Lord, I wouldn't be living today. I would have starved.'

Elvis added: "There was a Black preacher living next door to my family and when they would call their son in to eat, they would call me to. Often, my family didn't even have food in the home. I would rather do something for a Black person ten times than do something for a White one." He often credited B.B. King with showing him how to pick the guitar.

Mary Jenkins adds: Contrary to popular belief, Elvis preferred soul food. He loved collard greens, corn bread and chicken fried steak.

Elvis often gifted Blacks with cash, homes and cars. The singer bought Mary Jenkins a Pontiac Bonnevile and a house. He also bought cars for her relatives and friends without ever really knowing them. Simply saying: "If you're alright with Mary, you're alright with me."

Cissy Houston sung background for Elvis along with the Sweet Inspirations. She said it wasn't unusual for Elvis to give them big bonus's to split among themselves, totaling $50,000-$100,000 dollars.

Howard Hughes:

Howard Hughes was an avowed racist. Hughes attributed his prejudice towards a traumatic event in his youth.

Hughes was 11 when the Black rage against segregation exploded. On the night of August 23, 1917, about 100 soldiers from an all-Black infantry battalion stationed near the city seized rifles and marched on Houston to get even with White policemen who beat a Black officer.

In the three hours of uprising, 16 Whites were killed.

The Houston riot was a milestone in America's ongoing and, until then, rather one-sided race war, the first in which more Whites were killed than Blacks. This made Hughes very angry, even at a young age.

He said: "I lived right in the middle of one race riot in which the Negroes committed atrocities to equal any in Vietnam."

Years later, Hughes was about to announce his decision to buy ABC. He suddenly changed his mind when he turned his TV to "The Dating Game."

He blew his top because of what he described as a sinful interracial assignation. He vented his anger by saying: How can this show arrange a sexual rendezvous between a beautiful White girl and a negro man in Rome. For this reason, he killed the $200 million ABC deal.

Later, he complained about the love scenes between black actor James Earl Jones and White actress Jane Alexander in The Great White Hope. It was rumored that Hughes' allegedly tried to have Alexander blackballed.

Source: Jet Magazine



David: I read somewhere in a gay gossip column that you "had something going" with actor Raymond Burr when you were living in New York. Is there any truth to it?

Libby Reynolds: Regarding Ray Burr I met him while bartending at the Main Street Lounge in Greenwich Village. I had my back to him while at the register when he ordered his drink and I knew instantly who it was. It was around closing time and he asked could he stay while we all checked out and I said fine. He wanted to go to breakfast so I took him to a wonderful Italian joint in Little Italy on Mullberry St. (very very Mafia). He asked would I like to bring some friends along. I brought along the head bartender and his date. While at the restaurant the owner took Ray and myself on a tour of the kitchen, etc.. He had a ball.

He dropped me off at my place and asked could he have a night cap, so I said yes. The cab waited for him while we had a drink, and I won't go any further. He was a sweetheart. I saw him to his cab which was still waiting just as another cab pulled up. It was my roommate at the time Joey Tone, a sweetheart of an entertainer. I introduced them and Ray was off into the night. We had a few nips while we dished Burr, and finally went to sleep. Two minutes later I got a call from Ray asking me to join him at the Plaza Hotel and said not to worry about the cab, it would be taken care of by the doorman. We had a few more nips and hit the sack. You'll have to read between the lines for your own answer. The next morning I dropped him off at the airport while everybody gawked and called him Perry Mason. He had been in town to visit a burn victim fan who had admired him; some little boy who just adored Perry Mason, as most of us did.


In 1945, at the end of World War II, a well-built, curly haired blonde man from southern Illinois moved to Los Angeles. Shortly, thereafter, he opened Scott Richfield's Gas Station at the corner of Fairfax and Hollywood Boulevard.

Within eight months, it had become the most popular gas station among gays in Hollywood.

Getting a lube job at Scotty's came to mean something else. He hired as many as a dozen young men to pump gas and to escort certain gentlemen callers into the back rooms. There, the car owners could perform fellatio on these strapping former servicemen, or else become passive recipients of backdoor sex. Scotty only hired tops.

Among the many patrons of the gas station were director George Cukor, and allegedly Spencer Tracy. And actor Robert Taylor often stopped by to get filled up and actor Tyrone Power (pictured above) took some of the young men home with him to perform the down and dirty in the words of one gas jockey hustler.

Most of Scotty's men were gorgeous claimed actress Vivien Leigh (who wasn't a client). She visited the gas station accompanied by her friend Cukor. Most of Scotty's men were bisexuals and could accommodate either gender. Sometimes one of the gas jockey's were hired for private sessions at the homes of a married couple.

Scotty was smarter than some of his competitors. He refused to accept money from his boys or clients. He'd only accept gold watches, silver trinkets, stocks, bonds, you name it.

Some of his regular clients, who greatly appreciated his services, even went so far as to give him pieces of property. When he finally retired in the 1970's, he not only had a clean record but a healthy investment portfolio.

Source: "Hollywood Strikes Back!" by: Darwin Porter & Danforth Prince



Paul Barresi (born 12 January 1949) is an film director and media personality who has appeared in and directed adult movies. Barresi has also been involved in several high-profile celebrity scandals.

According to an investigative report by Mark Ebner, "Barresi moved sharply higher on the Hollywood notoriety scale in 1990 when The National Enquirer ran a front-page story showcasing his claim that he'd had a two-year love affair with John Travolta. Barresi told the tabloid he'd met Travolta in 1982 when the actor followed him into the shower room of an L.A. health club."

According to Jim D'Etremont of The Guide, Barresi said his relationship with Travolta continued through the filming of Perfect, but had cooled by 1990, when Travolta passed over Barresi for a personal trainer job. Barresi asked for and received $100,000 from The Enquirer in exchange for the details of his relationship with Travolta.

The issue was published on May 8, 1990, but several months later, Barresi retracted his story, saying in a letter to Travolta's attorney that he'd never engaged in homosexual activity with Travolta. Barresi told The Guide's Jim D'Etremont that he did so with assurances from Travolta's attorney that the affair could be brought "to a soft landing" if he issued a retraction and an apology:

"I was having a nervous breakdown… I just wanted it to be over. But when the dust settled, I regretted the retraction a lot more than I regretted that initial call to the Enquirer."

Fast Forward:

You’ll Never Spa In This Town Again! A shocking tell-all tale about who’s gay and who’s not! Who’s packin’ and who’s lacking! Exposing the Secret Celebrity Hollywood spa culture.

Hollywood, CA, FALL 2010 – Find out what John Travolta, John Amos, John Cusack, Jeremy Piven, Pauly Shore, George Michael, Jean-Claude Van Damme, Billy Zane, Andy Dick, Paul Giammatti and more have in common --- and it’s not awards!

Robert Randolph details, in his new book, "YOU’LL NEVER SPA IN THIS TOWN AGAIN," juicy tales of Hollywood’s gay spa subculture, taken advantage of by those in the closet and out! In amazing detail, backed up by a polygraph test that begins the book, he tells all about what goes on in the local spa, most shockingly John Travolta, who has been known to go around the local spas, propositioning everyone in sight, and even on the most shocking day of all, January 30, 2007, the author witnessed Travolta with his son, Jett, and his nanny, Jeff Kathrine, with him at the Century Spa in Los Angeles while he was up to his usual tricks. We have the photos to prove it! And that was only one of hundreds of shocking incidents witnessed by the Author.

John Travolta’s secret life makes Tiger Woods look like a Boy Scout!

“This is a story about a guy who was a member of one of Los Angeles’s most elite men’s spa - City Spa - for over 15 years. The Author was brutally beaten and left for dead on the footsteps of City Spa, one of the favorite secret LA gay spa hangouts. This spa was home away from home to many of the world’s most famous movie and television stars.My beloved spa had slammed their doors on me and had subjected me to life-threatening situations without so much as a “we’re sorry” or anything.

I think more than the beating and the brain damage-the way City Spa treated me-hurt the most. I’ll share every dirty secret I learned in the 15 years I was a member there.



A few months ago, we reported on the upcoming notorious gay tell-all "You'll Never Spa In This Town Again."

This book promises to rip the lid off closeted gay celebrities as well as their homosexual encounters at an popular gay bathhouse in Hollywood.

Somebody doesn't want this book to be released, within the last few months, the author (Robert Randolph-first photo) has almost been run off the road twice. He filed two police reports and has documentation to prove it.

Actors John Amos and Jean Claude Van Damme are also mentioned in this bombshell book!

This week, the tabloids reported on a secret sex tape starring John Travolta, it's widely assumed the tape features Travolta with a man, according to the tabloids. Also, an Enquirer source reports that Travolta has allegedly been involved in 50 same sex encounters.


Before she established her own brothel in Los Angeles, Lee Francis (no photo available) was a working girl going from house to house. Although Francis prostituted around San Francisco and Reno, it was Hollywood where she became known as "the madam with the most-est."

To avoid arrest, she was known to have treated the vice squad to Russian caviar and French champagne. During their periodic raids, she also gave them rain checks which entitled them to return on a quieter night to sample the girl of their choice.

Her famous clients included: Clark Gable, Desi Arnaz, Errol Flynn, Spencer Tracy, etc.

According to Francis: "I only specialized in white girls but if the client wanted them Asian or Black, that could be arranged."

During her first year in business, Francis was shocked to learn that many of her famous patrons preferred women of color.

"I never could understand the attraction of a white man to a black woman but I catered to their desires. I really didn't hire dark black but high yaller girls. One statuesque, golden brown woman turned out to be one of my most popular girls to my surprise. I guess the men who came to my place had beautiful white goddesses at home and preferred exotic when dining out."

One visiting sheik from the Middle East called to inform her that he wanted to seduce 24 blondes during his brief stay in Los Angeles. Each girl was paid $1,000. A tidy sum in the 1930's during a depression.

By 1929, Francis had become a celebrity fixture in town.

Spencer Tracy was Francis's most dreaded client. Although he liked to seduce young prostitutes, he was always drunk. Once he beat one of the girls and wrecked the lobby.

He slapped Francis's face one evening when she told him, "Why don't you go over to the boy whorehouse? I think you'll be happier with a young guy."

The sprawling Venetian-inspired building which sheltered Francis's cat house, her girls and the trade they plied during the 1930's was later, for a time, owned by Rod Stewart.

Actress Liz Renay says she met everybody through her benefactor/gangster Mickey Cohen. She even met Lena Horne and Redd Foxx through Cohen. He lived up to his nickname, "celebrity gangster."

Lana Turner's boyfriend Johnny Stompanato was Cohen's bodyguard/enforcer. Cohen told Renay that Lana herself stabbed Stompanato to death with a kitchen knife although her daughter (Cheryl) took the fall.

Cohen seriously considered having one of his boys toss acid in Lana's face.

Like Al Capone, Cohen was eventually trapped by the IRS. He was tried for income tax evasion and sentenced to fifteen years behind bars.

Renay adds: "Regrettably, it was because of Mickey that I spent nearly three years in a federal prison when I refused to rat him out. Those years cost me dearly and destroyed my chance to become a big time star like Marilyn Monroe. Prison smashed my life but I did it for Mickey."

Source: "Hollywood Babylon Strikes Back!" by: Darwin Porter & Danforth Prince



Carolco Pictures, Inc., Carolco International N.V., or Anabasis Investments was an independent production company, that produced such blockbuster successes as Terminator 2: Judgment Day and the first three movies of the Rambo series (First Blood, Rambo: First Blood Part II, and Rambo III). Carolco is no longer in business.

Bruce Lee's so- Brandon Lee died on May 31, 1993 during the filming of "The Crow," at Carolco studios.

Jose Menendez was a member of the Board Of Directors at Carolco Studios. He and his wife Kitty would be savagely murdered by their two sons, Lyle & Erik.

A petite blonde (her name escapes me) was hired by Carolco during the Rambo & Terminator success. She was ecstatic! She planned to drive to Los Angeles from her hometown. But first, she had to take her white convertible VW to the mechanic because the engine light came on. Later, she picked the car up.

A few days later, she hit the road, with the top down. She wasn't far from L.A. when her engine light came on again. Not only that, another VW was tailgating her. When she pulled off the freeway to go to a service station, the car followed.

A black couple emerged from the car and told her, they admired her VW. They agreed to go to the nearby dinner while the mechanic looked under her hood.

After lunch, she bid goodbye to the couple and got in her car to continue her trip. Again, the VW followed, closely behind.

Back home, the mother of the blonde became worried, she hadn't heard from her.

A few days later, her body was found in an orchard, her car was nowhere in sight.

When her story and photo was broadcast on AMW, 19 witnesses called the hotline, saying, they were on the highway and remembered a VW following closely behind her.

The police eventually caught the couple and charged them with 1st degree murder. Their motive: To steal her VW.

When the black female suspect was questioned in court about the date of the murder- and how she could be so sure about the date, she answered: "Because my period started the day we murdered her."

Were The Following Actors Racist: Jimmy Stewart, Fred Astaire, John Wayne & Walter Brennan?

According to Henry Fonda and Woody Strode: Jimmy Stewart had actor Hal Williams fired from his show in 1971 just because the guy was black. They confirmed that Stewart was a horrible racist who often blocked opportunities for Blacks. Stewart allegedly got actress Marlene Dietrich pregnant and he made her have an abortion? Even though abortions were life threatening during that era.

The new bio, “Puttin’ on the Ritz: Fred Astaire and the Fine Art of Panache,” by Peter Levinson who died last year, says that in 1965, after the Watts riot broke out in LA, “On the Waterfront” screenwriter Budd Schulberg enlisted some show business friends to start a writers’ workshop that would nurture young black talent. Gregory Peck, Jack Lemmon and Sammy Davis Jr. backed the project with donations.

But according to the book, Astaire’s response was: “Budd, whatever gave you the impression that I would be interested in giving money to start a workshop to help black kids? You’ve got the wrong guy.” Also, a black female dancer, hired as an extra on an Astaire film, once said, "Fred Astaire wouldn't even acknowledge the black dancers on set, he stared right through us and if we approached him with a question, he wouldn't respond, instead, he would turn his back and walk away."

Racist rumors always surrounded actors John Wayne and Walter Brennan because they belonged to the ultra-conservative right wing organization: The John Birch Society.  Billionaire, Howard Hughes (below) is considered the most racist man to ever come through Hollywood.  When he arrived at an screening room to view a film, he was informed that the black cast of Porgy & Bess were in the screening room earlier, Hughes allegedly commanded that the seats be re-upholstered.  He also became angry when he was informed that the late Arthur Ashe was playing on a tennis court adjacent to a hotel he owned in Las Vegas and he had to be restrained when he found out Sammy Davis, Jr. was booked to perform at one of his luxury hotels on the strip.

"Was Billionaire Howard Hughes A Sugar Daddy To Aspiring Actor?"

It seemed that when actor Robert Francis (above, 1st photo) arrived in Hollywood, all the gay guys wanted a piece of him.

Francis was allegedly linked with actor Tony Perkins and another well known married actor. That is, when he wasn't flying high with his allege sugar daddy-billionaire Howard Hughes (2nd photo).

Francis was allegedly-sexually insatiable.

He was in such demand. He broke a lot of male hearts when he died in a plane crash. Today, his affair would be splashed all over the tabloids, but back then, everything was hush-hush.


Robert Francis was on his way toward major Hollywood stardom as a Columbia Pictures contract player with four films to his credit. The tall and blue-eyed handsome young actor was considered one of 1954's most promising newcomers and his fan mail ran second to Rita Hayworth at Columbia. However, the dream of a bright Hollywood future literally burst into flames when the 25-year-old Francis perished in a plane crash.

The discovery of Robert Francis sounds like manufactured Hollywood fiction but is apparently true. One afternoon while on a water skiing date in Santa Monica, a talent scout spotted Francis lying on the beach and suggested an acting career to him. Francis had barely begun to take acting lessons when the Army drafted him and occupied his life between 1951 and 1953.

Upon military discharge, Francis returned home and began studying at the Batomi Schneider Drama Workshop. His choice of acting class was fortunate as the owner's husband was a Columbia Pictures talent scout. "Mrs. Schneider worked with me day and night," said Francis. "Her husband watched me rehearse and he recommended me to producer Stanley Kramer for 'The Caine Mutiny.' " A part and and a Columbia contract were his. "I couldn't believe it when I was told I was to have a role in so important a picture," he explained, "but when Harry Cohn saw my screen test, he said 'That's the boy I want to play Willie Keith.'

Source: "Hollywood Babylon Strikes Back!"

In Tahiti, while filming a movie, Marlon Brando sampled women and men.  He also met his future wife Tarita in Tahiti.  Allegedly, Brando contracted gonorrhea and was allegedly spreading it around.  A doctor had to be flown in and serum and antibiotics was administered to stop the epidemic.

Source: "Hollywood Strikes Back!" by: Darwin Porter & Danforth Prince

According to late Playmate Betty Page: "I had every man in the Rat Pack. All of them were well endowed with the exception of Peter Lawford. In Las Vegas they were cool cats with a dark reputation. I pitied their shamefully neglected wives and children. They discarded women like a used razor blade. They had talent, they brought joy to millions and they were great in bed except for Peter."

Late director George Cukor, 1st photo, (A Star Is Born, Philadelphia Story, My Fair Lady, etc.) also gave Peter Lawford (2nd photo) a low sexual rating.

According to writers Darwin Porter & Danford Prince: George Cukor was virtually the patron saint of male hustlers, certainly their greatest customer. In addition to hustlers supplied by male madams, he also picked up sailors from Long Beach, especially if they were young and virile. He allegedly had a taste for straight , masculine men whom he paid for their services.

Cukor make the following comment: "Peter Lawford is not a good lover, not at all!"

Source: "Hollywood Strikes Back!" by: Darwin Porter & Danforth Prince

Marlene Dietrich & Barbara Stanwyck allegedly tried to have a lesbian relationship but it collapsed due to a power struggle. Both women wanted to be the "man" in the relationship.

Actress Jayne Mansfield considered gigolo/assassin-Porifio Rubirosa "one of the biggest thrills of my life!"


She owns a 42-room apartment on Fifth Ave., a palatial California estate and a $24 million Connecticut chateau.

But a 104-year-old heiress whose life is shrouded in mystery has forsaken the lap of luxury for a nondescript hospital room somewhere in the city.

Reclusive for decades, Huguette Clark (above) has abandoned her wildly valuable properties, which remain empty but well-tended by staff.

A life of incredible privilege took a bizarre turn with the death of her mother-and Clark traded in aristocracy for eccentricity.

"Everything stopped for her when her mother died," Andre Baeyens, Clark's grand-half nephew, told NBC's "Today" show, which tracked down the centenarian.

"She didn't want to go out. She didn't want to have beautiful things, no, no. She just wanted to be home and play with her dolls."

The show did not identify the medical facility where Clark spends her days, to protect her privacy. Her lawyer told them she's lucid but not interested in the outside world.

She reportedly told friends that wealth was a "menace to happiness" - and few people were richer than Clark.

She inherited her fortune from her father, William Clark, a U.S. senator and Montana tycoon who made a killing from copper mines, railroads and Las Vegas property.

Her birth raised eyebrows in high society because her father - the second-richest man in the U.S. at one point - was 39 years older than her mother and no marriage license was recorded.

As a young woman, she embraced extravagance like the Paris Hilton of the Gilded Age.

She ran around with wealthy playboys and was linked in society pages to a British duke. To learn to play the harp, she hired a Juilliard maestro.

She was obsessed with dolls and would bestow them on friends' children as gifts. Once she flew a doll first-class to Paris with her personal physician along to ensure its safety, the "Today" report said.

She amassed a real estate portfolio that would make Donald Trump blush.

There's the 15,000-square-foot Fifth Ave. apartment overlooking Central Park where her lawyer sends a cleaning crew once a week, building staffers say.

In 1952, she bought a 52-acre New Canaan, Conn., estate, but never spent a night in the breath-taking French chateau.

"It's a beautiful property," real estate agent Barbara Cleary, who has been trying to sell the $24 million home for two years, told the Daily News.

"It's been very well-cared for over the years."

Clark's oceanfront spread in Santa Barbara, Calif., has also been unoccupied for more than 40 years.

In 2009, she was offered $100 million for the property known as Bellosguardo, but turned down the offer, the Santa Barbara Independent reported.

Sources: Steve Gibson & The New York Daily News


*A few weeks ago, Law & Order: SUV did an episode on a billionaire businessman who flew in underage girls via his private jet. Allegedly, that episode was based on billionaire Jeff Epstein (above).


"In March 2005, the Palm Beach police department, acting on a complaint from the Florida parents of a 14-year-old girl, launched an investigation that would eventually uncover a pattern of predatory behavior stretching back years and spanning several continents, knowingly enabled by Epstein's associates and employees.

Two or three times a day, whenever Epstein was in Palm Beach, a teenage girl would be brought to the mansion on El Brillo Way. ("The younger the better," he instructed Haley Robson, a local teenager who was paid to bring other girls to the house, and who declared, on a police tape, that she was "like a Heidi Fleiss," the infamous California madam.)"
The new details, which suggest Epstein had 40 victims, including some whom he had flown in from South America and Europe, this calls into question, why he would be given an 18-month jail sentence? (One former Florida prosecutor told the Palm Beach Post that he had never seen a sentence like Epstein's before.)

Celebrity Vice Ring:


The sex ring below catered to celebrities in Europe and the U.S. Allegedly, a R&B singer, a former NFL icon and a current sports commentator were members. They flew to Europe to engage in illicit and underage activities to avoid the media glare in the U.S. They were able to keep their names out of this scandal due to well paid damage control experts.

France soccer players Franck Ribery (above) and Karim Benzema were charged with having had sex with an under-age prostitute, as magistrates cracked down on an alleged celebrity vice ring.

Ribery has never denied having paid for sex with the young woman at the center of the scandal, 18-year-old blonde party girl Zahia Dehar, but his lawyer told reporters that he had had no idea in 2008 that she was under age.

The players were detained at the request of the magistrate, who is probing claims that a Champs Elysees nightclub gave clients access to minors working as call girls.

Adult prostitution is in itself legal in France, but pimping, solicitation and running organized vice networks are outlawed.

The soccer players became caught up in the investigation after detectives probing allegations of a vice ring bugged the Zaman Cafe, an expensive nightspot just off Paris's most glamorous street, the Champs Elysees.

Four people-including the owner of the club, a waiter who worked there and a man suspected of pimping call girls to celebrities and sportsmen have been placed under formal judicial investigation and could face trial.

The club itself has been closed down by an administrative order.

Last year, a former London male prostitute named "Colin" says he planned to out Britain’s elite world of gay men who pretend to be straight in a tell-all book to be released in 2010.

The former prostitute who lives in London’s exclusive Maida Vale area and goes by the alias "Colin" said he intends to out the likes of Prince Charles, and Margaret Thatcher’s late husband Sir Denis Thatcher.

“These blokes can’t even think straight,” he said. “I’ve seen them all at down low parties. Charles is notoriously gay. He’s the biggest Queen in Britain. That’s what destroyed his relationship with Diana. He paid her millions to keep quiet about his sexuality. In fact, I will prove that Prince Harry was not fathered by Charles.

By the time Di got pregnant with Harry, Charles and Di had not had sex in more than two years. I know that for a fact. Camilla (Parker Bowles) came on the scene for convenience. It’s a perfect case scenario for Charles. Camilla is into women, that’s what destroyed her previous marriage. They are both using their marriage mainly to stay in the closet in order to avoid public scrutiny."

“Colin” said Sir Denis was a client of his for years.

“He’d make me tie him up, spank him and give him fellatio. Then he’d want backdoor sex for a hour. He had amazing stamina.”

As for David Beckham, “Colin” said he’d only reveal that the soccer star likes to swing.

*Needless to say, this book was never released.

Anti-Gay Christian Right Leader Goes On Vacation With Rent Boy:

The pictures on the Rentboy.com profile show a shirtless young man with delicate features, guileless eyes, and sun-kissed, hairless skin. The profile touts his "smooth, sweet a** " and "large endowment while explaining he is "sensual," "wild," and "up for anything" — as long you ask first. And as long as you pay.

On April 13, the "rent boy" (whom we'll call Lucien) arrived at Miami International Airport on Iberian Airlines Flight 6123, after a ten-day, fully subsidized trip to Europe. He was soon followed out of customs by an old man with an atavistic mustache and a desperate blond comb-over, pushing an overburdened baggage cart.

That man was George Alan Rekers, of North Miami — the callboy's client and, as it happens, one of America's most prominent anti-gay activists. Rekers, a Baptist minister who is a leading scholar for the Christian right, left the terminal with his gay escort, looking a bit discomfited when a picture of the two was snapped with a hot-pink digital camera.

Reached by New Times before a trip to Bermuda, Rekers said he learned Lucien was a prostitute only midway through their vacation. "I had surgery," Rekers said, "and I can't lift luggage. That's why I hired him." (Medical problems didn't stop him from pushing the tottering baggage cart through MIA.)

Yet Rekers wouldn't deny he met his slender, blond escort at Rentboy.com — which features homepage images of men in bondage and grainy videos of crotch-rubbing twinks — and Lucien confirmed it.

At the small western Miami townhome he shares with a roommate, a nervous Lucien expressed surprise when we told him that Rekers denied knowing about his line of work from the beginning. "He should've been able to tell you that," he said, fidgeting and fixing his eyes on his knees. "But that's up to him."

Rekers lectures worldwide, from Europe to the Middle East, on teen sexuality. Yet during his ten-day sojourn with Lucien to London and Madrid, he had no lectures scheduled. Both men deny having sex on the trip, and emails exchanged between the two before their jaunt are cautiously worded.

"I'd like to propose another trip to Rome, Italy, for a week or more," Rekers wrote in an email dated March 21 obtained by New Times. "This is so exciting to have a nice Travel Assistant and traveling companion! Wow! I'm so glad I met you."

Was Hitler's Godson A Child Rapist?

Alleged victims are claiming that Adolf Hitler's godson (Martin Bormann, Jr.) above, is a child rapist.

A 63-year-old former student (Victor) says he was just 12 years old when he was repeatedly raped by Bormann, Jr., then a 30-year-old priest at the elite Austrian boarding school in the 1960's.

Bormann, Jr., allegedly warned Victor that it was pointless to tell his family about the abuse because nobody would believe him.

Meanwhile, Bormann, Jr. (now 80) denies the sex charges has spent decades trying to atone for his father's Nazi sins by serving as a priest, a Catholic missionary and a lecturer on the horrors of the Holocaust.

Another ex-student recalls seeing Bormann, Jr. hurl a boy against a wall so hard the child's face was covered in blood.

A third claims Bormann, Jr. once punched a boy unconscious, had him doused in cold water and declared: "We will bring the weakling back to life."

As the son of a high-ranking Nazi and Hitler's first godson, Bormann, Jr. was age 10 when he studied at a similarly brutal institution, the Nazi Party Academy in Bavaria, until the collapse of the Third Reich five years later.



We all know the story regarding Frank Sinatra and Joe DiMaggio following Marilyn Monroe to an apartment building where they suspected she was having an affair with her vocal coach Hal Schaefer.

According to Hollywood fixer Don Crutchfield: Marilyn Monroe was actually having a bi-sexual fling with little known starlet Sheila Stuart who also lived in the same apartment building.

Dorothy Kilgallen (the greatest mainstream gossip columnist/investigative journalist who ever lived) was among the most fearless writers in the country and she was getting increasingly obsessed about JFK's affair with Marilyn Monroe. She used to regale her friends with tales of Kennedy's indiscretions.

"Why don't you write about his affairs?" one of her friends asked.

"I couldn't possibly," Dorothy said. "Nobody would." But as Kennedy's philandering started getting more brazen, Kilgallen took to hinting at it in her column.

The following appeared in her column: "She has appeared vastly alluring to a handsome gentleman. A handsome gentleman with a bigger name than Joe DiMaggio in his heyday-so don't write her off!"

After the blind item appeared, JFK decided that on this occasion flattery would work better than intimidation. He invited Kilgallen and her eight-year-old son Kerry, for a private tour of the White House. The President personally greeted Dorothy and her son, JFK even gave Kerry a pen with a Presidential seal on it and pinned a gold PT-109 pin on his school tie.

Kilgallen stopped writing blind items about JFK.

On November 8, 1965, Dorothy Kilgallen, was found dead in her apartment shortly after returning from Dallas where she had interviewed Jack Ruby and had conducted her own investigation of the JFK murder during several trips to cover the Ruby trial.

She had revealed secret transcripts of Ruby's testimony in her column. Kilgallen had met with Ruby. She had learned of a meeting three weeks before the assassination at Ruby's "Carousel", the Dallas underworld's merry-go-round where the "Big D" mobsters wheeled around.

Present at the meeting were Ruby, Officer J.D. Tippit, Bernard Weismann and, she would later learn, a fourth party.

Lee Israel, author of "Kilgallen", reports that that Ruby, himself a TV fan of Dorothy Kilgallen, had taken a liking to her during the trial. According to Israel, he respected her more than any other reporter. She had gained his confidence and had several conversations with him in the courtroom. She was given a five minute session alone with Ruby. Some writers have stretched this to a half-hour, others deny it.

Regardless, it is a fact that when Dorothy returned to New York, she told friends that she had discovered that Ruby and the slain Officer J.D. Tippit had been friends. They had been seen together in Ruby's Carousel Club at a meeting 2 weeks before the assassination in the company of Bernard Weissman, who had placed the "JFK-Wanted for Treason" newspaper ad in Dallas newspapers on November 22nd, 1963. Studying the Warren Commission Report, Killgallen deduced that the meeting had also been reported to Chief Justice Warren AND that the identity of "the fourth man",which she had been unable to ascertain, had been reported to Warren as "a rich Texas oil man", as Earl Warren described him in the official transcript.

She told Israel that she had discovered something that was going to break the whole JFK assassination mystery wide open. She told the same story to her next door neighbor, her hairdresser, her agent, her publisher, and the producer and host of "Nightlife".

Kilgallen had told Israel about a very mysterious and sinister player in the JFK assassination to whom she gave the code name "ferret man". From the description of the individual, it is clear that "ferret man" was none other than David Ferrie, another known associate of Jack Ruby involved in gun running, the Marcello mob and other anti-Castro operations from Florida to Texas. At one time, Ruby and Ferrie were co-owners of an airplane.

Nightlife's producer, Nick Vanoff, pleaded with her not to broach the subject on the air. She had arrived at the studio with a folder full of pertinent and explosive notes documents. She kept the folder closed throughout the interview. Vanoff, asked her agent, Bob Bach, to send her "a dozen long-stemmed roses."

On Sunday November 8, Dorothy Kilgallen was found dead, sitting fully dressed, upright in bed, early in the morning. The New York City Police investigated and the coroner found that Dorothy Kilgallen had died from ingestion of a lethal combination of alcohol and barbiturates. All her notes and the article on which she had been working to "blow the JFK assassination wide open" also disappeared.

Scandal Industry:

Early in the morning on August 4, 1962, Fred Otash (fixer-above) was jolted by a call from actor Peter Lawford. A story was about to break regarding Lawford and an prostitute, he was worried the scandal would affect the Kennedy family since he was married to Pat Kennedy. Otash claimed that Lawford was in the black book of every high-class prostitute in Los Angeles. Otash killed the story.

Coincidentally, another Otash client was Marilyn Monroe. According to Otash, the actress thought she could protect herself from any possible retaliation from the Kennedy family over her affair with Jack if she had her own evidence of her conversations with him and his associates. Monroe hired Otash to bug her. Otash not only tapped Marilyn's phone for her, he also gave her a recording device for her purse, as well as one that could be hidden in her wrist watch.

Then in 1961, he was approached by Jimmy Hoffa. He passed the Monroe/JFK tapes on to Hoffa. The tapes and Hoffa disappeared.

Lawford called Otash (to go over to Monroe's after her death) and clean up. Otash was worried he'd be recognized so he sent someone else.

After that night, Otash became convinced, he was in trouble. He felt he knew too much. The following year, he was convicted of a racehorse doping incident, he claimed he was set up.

Later, the California Bureau of Private Investigators revoked his license.

A cursed ring worn by actor Rudolph Valentino sent the silent film star to an early grave. The silver band with a semiprecious stone today sits in a Los Angeles bank. With a history of injury, disaster and death, no one wants it.

Valentino discovered the ring in a San Francisco store. The shop's owner warned him it was jinxed-but the actor was intrigued.

Valentino wore the evil adornment while filming "The Young Rajah," the biggest flop of his career.

He removed the ring and didn't wear it again until he used it as a prop in "The Son Of The Sheik."

After filming, Valentino suffered acute appendicitis and died from complications.

Following Valentino's demise, actress Pola Negri claimed the ring. Within days, she suffered a variety of ailments that effectively ended her career.

While recovering, she met a performer named Russ Colombo. Negri presented him with the bauble and within days, Colombo was shot to death in a mysterious accident.

The jewel then passed to mobster Joe Casino, who wanted no part of its disastrous legacy and locked it away. But years later, believing the curse to be over, he decided to wear it. Within days of placing it on his finger, he was killed by a runaway truck.

Casino's brother Del inherited the ring, but it was soon stolen. The thief was killed while running from Del's house. In his hand was the cursed ring.

Shortly afterward, a 21-year-old actor named Jack Dunn wore the band while auditioning for the role of Rudolph Valentino in an biopic. Ten days later, Dunn died of a rare blood disease.

The ring was returned to Del and he placed the jewel in a Los Angeles safe deposit box, but even a building isn't immune to the curse. The bank was robbed several times and nearly burned to the ground in a fire.



When you think of the best guitarist in Rock & Roll history, you automatically think of Jimi Hendrix. When you think of the best guitarist in R&B history, the answer is James Jamison (Funk Brothers). When you're asked, who's the best guitarist in Country Music history? There's only one answer: Hank Garland (above, behind Elvis). Garland played the guitar so fast and efficient, bands struggled to keep up with him. Elvis Presley considered him the best guitarist in the world and asked him to play on several of his records.


Hank Garland and his brother Billy were hell raisers in and around Nashville, TN. Despite the racist climate, Garland openly associated with Blacks and was often spotted in the black part of town jamming with black musicians. Wes Montgomery was one of his early influences. He had a love and a deep appreciation for black music and black artists.

Garland did the unthinkable when he hired blacks for his band. He also hired black session players.

The local rednecks were infuriated that Garland gave these paid opportunities to blacks. They were also mad that Garland housed black musicians in his house. When his wife confronted him, "Why is a Negro man sleeping on my couch?" Garland told her, "he's not going anywhere, deal with it!"

Music industry bigots approached Garland and told him, the whole town is talking about you being a n**ger lover! These men also threatened him but he refused to back down.

Things cooled off when he started working on Elvis Presley's recordings from 1957 to 1961 which produced such rock hits as "Little Sister," "I Need Your Love Tonight" and "A Big Hunk O' Love." However, Garland also worked with many country music as well as rock 'n roll stars of the late 1950s and early 1960s including Patsy Cline, Brenda Lee, Mel Tillis, Marty Robbins, the Everly Brothers, Boots Randolph, Roy Orbison and Conway Twitty. He also played with jazz artists such as George Shearing and Charlie Parker in New York and went on to record Jazz Winds.

When he got off tour, he returned him and started hanging out with his black musician friends.

One evening, enroute to pick up his wife and newborn from his mother-in-law's, Garland was run off the road. His car flipped three times. He barely survived and was in a coma for a week. With the help of his wife, he re-learned how to walk, talk, and play the guitar though he never recovered sufficiently to return to the studios. It was believed electroconvulsive therapy, prescribed by his doctors, may have caused more damage to his brain.

Garland's brother, Billy, claimed the crash was actually an attempted murder by someone in the Nashville music scene.

Hank Garland died on December 27, 2004 of a staph infection in Orange Park, Florida. He is survived by two daughters, Cheryl and Debra.



Although Mary Shotwell Little wasn't a celebrity, nevertheless, her unsolved disappearance was widely known as "The Black Dahlia Of Atlanta."


Mary Shotwell Little was 25 and had been married only six weeks when she vanished into the darkness outside Lenox Square on the evening of Oct. 14, 1965. The fate of the "missing bride" quickly became an obsession, leading Atlanta newscasts and front pages and prompting massive searches. Atlanta wouldn't see its like again until the child murders of the early 1980s.

Compared to the mega-mall of today, Lenox then was an almost quaint open-air shopping center with stone sculptures of "Uncle Remus" characters in the plaza. Little met her friend Isla Stack at the S&S Cafeteria on the Lenox Road side and chatted happily about married life. After dinner, they shopped for an hour and a half. They parted around 8, Little striding into the parking lot with a cheery "I'll see you tomorrow."

When the punctual secretary didn't show up Friday morning, co-workers phoned her apartment. No answer. They called her landlady and learned that Little had not retrieved her morning newspaper.

The bank notified Lenox security to be on the lookout for the car, a 1965 silver Mercury Comet. A few minutes past noon, a guard spotted it in the yellow parking area. He noticed blood on the bucket seats and called police.

Some people told police she had been acting oddly in the days before disappearing. She had phoned an old friend, expressing fear of something she couldn't explain. Sometimes she was afraid to go out at night.

Witnesses at the office said she had begun receiving some upsetting calls. A job applicant at the bank overheard Little tell a caller, "Please leave me alone. I'm a married woman now." She finally hung up.

Then there were the dozen roses Little received at her apartment that week. She hadn't mentioned them to her husband. No card was ever found, and the florist had no record or memory of the sender. Police wondered if a stalker was afoot. Or whether she had heard from an earlier boyfriend or secret admirer. After all, she had just been married.

In her final days at the office, Little hinted to various co-workers that she had something important to tell them. She never said what it was. What could she have meant?

One possibility emerged, weeks into the investigation, when the FBI discovered a sex scandal at the bank. Little's boss, personnel chief Gene Rackley, told agents he had been sent to the department to look into reports of prostitution on the premises and lesbian harassment of female employees. The situation had been deemed serious enough for the bank to bring in a former FBI agent to snoop around. The atmosphere around the office had been tense, and several employees had felt their jobs were threatened.

Shortly before Thanksgiving, startling new evidence from Little's home state shifted the focus of the investigation. Her signature turned up on two gasoline credit card receipts from Oct. 15, the Friday she was reported missing. Such information would be instantly available today by computer, but it took weeks to process in 1965.

The receipts suggested Little had bought a full tank of gas at an Esso station in Charlotte after midnight Oct. 14 and another at an Esso in Raleigh that afternoon. When police questioned the attendants, they recalled an unshaven middle-aged man at the wheel with a female passenger who seemed to be nursing a head wound. He had passed her the charge slips, and she had endorsed them "Mrs. Roy H. Little Jr." Mary's parents recognized the handwriting as hers. The attendants weren't able to describe the car precisely, but they did write down the license plate number. The tag had been stolen in Charlotte in mid-October.

Little was never seen again, this case remains unsolved.


Over the months, the leads dried up. On the first anniversary of Little's disappearance in 1966, police admitted they were no closer to finding her than they had been a year before. They'd even resorted to consulting a psychic.

Then, in the spring of 1967, the killing of another young woman brought the missing bride back into the news, if only because of eerie similarities: The 22-year-old victim had worked in Little's office in downtown Atlanta and had lived with some of her roommates.

Diane Shields (no photo available) was a pretty blond secretary from Guntersville, Ala. Transferred into personnel after Little vanished, she occupied Mary's old desk and befriended her former colleagues. For a time, she roomed with some of them in their Buckhead duplex. She eventually moved out to live with her sister in College Park and took a job as a receptionist with another company downtown.

On May 19, 1967, Shields left work in her blue and white Chevy Impala. She never made it home.

East Point police spotted the car at 2:30 a.m. near the drive-in window of a laundry on Sylvan Road. Blood was dripping from the rear end. Finding the keys in the ignition, they opened the trunk to discover Shields' body crammed upside down between a spare tire and a cardboard box. Among other things, the box contained a copy of "Betty Crocker's New Dinner for Two"; the receptionist had planned to marry in July.

Shields was fully clothed and had not been sexually assaulted. Nor had she been robbed: She was still wearing a diamond engagement ring. A scarf and a piece of paper had been stuffed down her throat, as if to silence her.

Hearing about the killing the next day, Clint Chafin, superintendent of Atlanta detectives, told East Point police, "That sounds like our Mary Shotwell Little case."

His hunch intensified when it came out that Shields had received roses at the bank and pretended they were anonymous, just like Little's. The news touched off several days of jittery speculation that a "rose killer" was loose in Atlanta.


“Star” Stowe (born Ellen Louise Maligo , March 19, 1956 in Little Rock, Arkansas - died March 16, 1997 in Coral Springs, Florida). She was Playboy magazine’s Playmate of the Month for its February 1977 issue. Her centerfold was photographed by Pompeo Posar. She was an acquaintance of Gene Simmons and hung out with him and the rest of KISS. In 1977, she married Peter Maligo and had a son. She eventually divorced her husband.

Stowe moved to Fort Lauderdale in 1986 to find work as an exotic dancer. She fell out of the limelight and into drugs, alcohol and street prostitution in the Miami-Fort Lauderdale area. She was found murdered on March 16, 1997. Police believed her killing was a serial murder.

Her partially clothed body was found in some bushes. Another prostitute in the area was strangled and dumped three weeks earlier.


She called herself Star, and for a while, she lived like one: girlfriend to rocker Gene Simmons of KISS, partying with Elton John and posing in a G-string with a Rickenbacker guitar for the February 1977 centerfold of Playboy.

But Star fell far from the world of celebrities and glamour and into one of drugs, alcohol and prostitution.

On March 16, the fall of Ellen Louise "Star" Stowe, 40, ended when some boys found her half-naked body in bushes behind a Coral Springs Eckerd store. She had been strangled, possibly by the same man who strangled and discarded the body of another prostitute three weeks earlier.

"She had a problem ... she couldn't cope with her life," said a former boyfriend of Stowe, who asked not to be identified. "But there was more to this woman than meets the eye."

Detectives think there is an uncanny similarity between Stowe's death and the killing of Sandra Kay Walters, 32, of Fort Lauderdale. Walters had a history of drugs and prostitution and had physical features similar to Stowe's. Police think Walters was picked up by a customer in Fort Lauderdale on Feb. 25, strangled and left, naked, behind a Palm Beach County adult movie theater.

Though there are parallels, police say they have no solid leads in the deaths.

Stowe, who was 5 feet 6 inches tall, dark-eyed with honey-colored hair, grew up in Little Rock, Ark., with ambitions of being a dancer. When she was a teenager, she moved to Las Vegas and later Los Angeles.

Friends say she was discovered by Playboy while dancing at an adult club in Los Angeles.

She got her nickname when she couldn't get into a nightclub because she was a minor. The man she was with quoted the title of the Rolling Stones' song: "Star, Star, can't get in the door."From there, the name stuck.

"Some people think it's egotistical to call myself Star," she told Playboy 20 years ago. "But it's not in the Hollywood sense at all."Instead, it was about her love of stars that glitter in the sky, she said.

She also was drawn to rock stars.

She met Simmons, the lizard-tongued bassist for the heavy-metal band KISS, at the elevators of Las Vegas' Hotel Sahara, where the group was playing. Simmons wasn't wearing his trademark shocking-white face paint and black bat wings around his eyes. But Stowe told Playboy that she liked his laid-back manner so much that she hung around with the band for a while.

For her Playboy spread, titled "Star-Struck," Stowe looked like an innocent teenager. Aside from the requisite nearly nude shots, there were photos of her with KISS and at a party Hugh Hefner threw for Elton John.

Life after Playboy wasn't good for Stowe. It isn't clear what happened, but the fling with Simmons was short-lived.

Sometime after 1977, Stowe met and married Peter Maligo. They had a son, Michael Maligo, now 14, and later divorced.

Stowe moved to Fort Lauderdale in 1986 with hopes of becoming a dancer at an adult club such as Pure Platinum or Solid Gold, her ex-boyfriend said.

When Michael was 6, Stowe sent the boy to live with his grandmother in Little Rock, but stayed in touch through frequent visits and weekly telephone calls.

"It was like talking to your best friend," Michael said. "I thought she was so cool. I really enjoyed being around her."

Michael's fondest memories of his mother are of playing board and video games with her and eating the beef stir-fry she made.

Stowe's hopes of becoming a dancer didn't work out, and eventually her life spiraled into an abyss of drugs and prostitution, said her former boyfriend, who met Stowe in 1991. She told him she was ready to give up drugs and walking the streets.

He told her he'd provide for her, so she wouldn't have to sell her body anymore.

During the five years they were together, Stowe's criminal record stayed clean. She cared for the couple's animals, cleaned house and tended to their garden.

They split up in August after what he described to be a drunken argument. She ended up with a nasty bump on her head. He never saw her again.

But, through friends, he heard that she was back on the streets, selling herself, doing drugs and drinking.

Stowe's path isn't particularly unusual for a former centerfold, said Bill Farley, director of communications for Playboy Enterprises in Los Angeles.

"Some girls take advantage of the lifestyle, but others drift off," Farley said. "They marry badly or get involved with the wrong man."

The last time Michael talked to his mother was almost two weeks ago. While he was aware of her lifestyle, they did not discuss it much. Instead, she told him about some new bands she'd heard and how she liked the new Nine Inch Nails album.

She last was seen in her old neighborhood, working the streets. It was between 3 and 5 p.m. March 16. Police think she was picked up, killed and dumped sometime after that.


by: Natalie O'Neill

Hauling a fishing rod and bait, Orlando Maytin and his 12-year-old son trudged through a vacant parking lot just past Mile Marker 31 on Alligator Alley. It was 7:45 a.m. March 21, 1999, when they came to a quaint public fishing nook on the edge of a vast, swampy stretch. As Maytin cast a line into the oily canal water, he noticed a mysterious blue-and-brown duct-taped package bumping against the shoreline. It was about three feet long and two feet tall, with makeshift handles on the sides.

Maytin, a chunky 34-year-old with short brown locks slicked straight back, cast another line and, with the tender tug of a comb through hair, reeled it in some. He kept one eye on his boy and the other on the box. Then curiosity got the best of him. Setting down his fishing gear, he walked past an elderly fisherman with a weathered face who sat near the boat docks.

"I wouldn't go over there," the old man warned, nodding toward the package. Maytin gazed at him for a moment and walked on. Crouching down, he touched the damp cardboard. It was soaked but firm. He tried to pick it up "to get a sense of the weight."

Then it happened. The cardboard gave way and he caught a glimpse of long, stringy brown hair. What the hell is that? he thought, noticing something fleshy. In horror, he watched as the stiff, wrinkly corpse of a young woman broke through and splashed into the water.

The thin, tan girl had been bent like a pretzel and bound with shoelaces at the ankles. Her muscular arms were tied behind her back with white cloth, and she wore only a backward gray Calvin Klein sweatshirt. She was dead. Freshly dead. Why? Maytin thought. Why would someone do this?

His confusion quickly turned to fear. The killer must still be here. He must be hiding. Heart pounding, Maytin spun around to check behind him. Then he looked back to find his son, who was playing in the golden sunlight, oblivious.

After propping the body on the grassy shore to keep it from drifting away, Maytin called the cops. For the next three hours, he dutifully baby-sat the cold corpse.

Her features were difficult to ignore. This was a girl who, by anyone's standards, had been beautiful (above). Big, pouty lips remained pink with life. Eyelashes were still specked with traces of makeup. And on the curve of her delicate ankle rested two silver chains. One of them read, "Jeanette."

The body belonged to 22-year-old Jeanette Smith, a stripper who danced under the stage name Jade at The Dollhouse in Sunny Isles Beach. Investigators would soon conclude she had been brutally sodomized, strangled, and dumped.

A week later, authorities arrested brawny 33-year-old former Marine sniper Ariel Hernandez. In April 2002, a jury concluded the Gambino crime family had sent Hernandez to kill Jeanette after she apparently discovered a check-kiting scheme. U.S. District Court Judge Paul C. Huck sentenced him to life in prison.

But the case isn't over. In January, a state court will reconsider Jeanette's murder in a trial that could turn up more details about the mob's South Florida operation and lead to Hernandez's execution by lethal injection. Jeanette's family, the Cooper City community where she grew up, and even workers from the strip club where she danced are still fixated on the case — and its unanswered questions — with obsessive passion.

During winter 1995, Jeanette began working at the Goldfinger strip club on North University Drive in Sunrise. About two years later, she moved to the flashier, more lucrative The Dollhouse in Sunny Isles Beach. The club drew a clientele of well-off older gentlemen, and girls danced to alternative-rock radio hits. There she made a name for herself as Jade.

"She just started living the crazy life and got in with the wrong people," says neighbor Eddie Sedawie. "It wasn't her. I think if you're as pretty as her — and you have a body like she did — it's easy to have someone talk you into it."

Adds best friend Tina: "I think her insecurities led her down the wrong path. She knew she was pretty, and she used it to her advantage."

When she began working at The Dollhouse, Jeanette lived with her parents. She and Gina agreed not to tell Ray about her occupation. The place was notorious for "shower shows" (involving "friction" as a customer bathes backstage with a dancer, a step up from a lap dance). Popular girls such as Jeanette would leave with as much as $2,000 a night. "I think she got a taste of the money," Gina says. "The cash was just incredible."

Though Jeanette moved with her sister to an apartment in Pembroke Pines, she would take her mom shopping on weekends. With the newfound cash, Jeanette bought Gina $100 shoes, plane tickets, and decorations for the house. She kept herself in shape by kickboxing and going to Gold's Gym in Pembroke Pines four times a week.

At work, Jeanette put up a tough image, says former club makeup artist Helen McDonald. Unlike dancers who built their social scene around the strip club, Jeanette kept to herself and never got arrested. "She was very strait-laced," says smooth-faced club manager Marty Blumquist, sporting a comb-over. "No hanky-panky, no drinking, no drugs. After her shift, she'd get in the car and go."

Before leaving her apartment Friday, March 19, she kissed Krissy on the cheek and told her there was pie in the fridge. It was the last time Krissy would see her baby sister alive.

Four hours later, about 2 a.m. Saturday, Ariel Hernandez leaned against a cluttered bar at Thee Dollhouse and ordered a Johnny Walker straight up with a Budweiser on the side. Clean-shaven and cocksure, he had the body of a linebacker and an outfit torn from the pages of GQ. On his right arm was a cast, and above it a bulldog tattoo read, "United States Marine Corps."

Businessmen puffed cigarettes at round, café-style tables as they watched Jade's sculpted body twist to the throb of early-Nineties rock on a licorice-black stage at the club's center. A gray fog of smoke curled over the tan, toned five-foot-three beauty. An aging businessman tucked a bill into her G-string. She tossed back her thick light-brown hair and returned to a silver pole, caressing it like a lover as a disco ball showered the place in dappled light.

Later, Hernandez unzipped his dress pants and exposed himself. A cocktail waitress noticed and complained, demanding his removal. After a commotion, he was allowed to stay, and as Jade got off the stage, he gave her money and put his arm around her. He told Cunniff: "This is my girl. I'm taking her home with me tonight."

No one will ever know whether Hernandez paid Jeanette for sex. But several things are clear: He passed her $100 bills throughout the evening at the club. The pair left Thee Dollhouse together around 5:30 a.m. in Jeanette's sleek black 1997 Mazda 626. And Hernandez's deviant behavior began long before that night.

By age 19, in 1984, Hernandez enlisted in the Marines and went to boot camp at Parris Island, South Carolina. A skilled marksman, he soon became a sniper. "I was trained to kill people from long distances. I saw plenty of dead bodies," Hernandez says. "I could shoot the testicles off a fly." His attorneys allege he performed "top-secret operations on behalf of the U.S. Government."

Once he was out of the military, in 1991, his run-ins with cops began to pile up. In fall 1992, Hernandez was working at a gun and pawn shop in Northwest Miami-Dade when a kid came into the store and used a fake credit card to buy jewelry. Police were called and soon concluded Hernandez was getting kick-backs from fraudulent card use. He was sentenced to 10 months in federal prison.

Soon after his release from a prison camp in Pensacola during spring 1993, he went to work as a personal trainer at Bally's Total Fitness in Kendall. Two years later, he moved to a South Beach apartment at 14th Street and Collins Avenue. It was a good time and place to be a bachelor. He became a bouncer at clubs such as Palace Centerfold and Café Iguana. "I was living the stud life, dating strippers," he says. "I said what I felt and did what I wanted. It's something they find attractive."

Around that time, Hernandez says, he "tried catering to tourists with hookers as a side gig." ("I had black girls, oriental girls, any flavor you wanted.") He also sometimes sold Ecstasy and bricks of weed for extra cash, he says.

His rap sheet from those years could cover the walls of the cold, bare 10-by-12-foot prison cell he now occupies. Since 1985, he has been arrested 22 times. Charges include aggravated assault, stalking, battery, third-degree theft, and burglary.

Soon, he began producing counterfeit checks. Prosecutors say they were printed at a Sunny Isles restaurant, Beachside Mario's, which was owned by Freddy Massaro, a South Florida capo in the Gambino crime family. "I had a watermark and everything," says Hernandez, who claims he used high-tech printing equipment in his apartment. "That's how good I was."

Hernandez would use the fake checks to buy electronics from stores such as Office Max, The Sharper Image, and Toys R Us. Then he exchanged the goods for cash or sold them on the street. The operation made him about $15,000 a week, he says, some of which he would give to Massaro. Using the money, he bought a Jet Ski, a condo in Sunrise, and a Lexus.

At least eight others were involved in the scheme. Most were muscle for Massaro. Their jobs ranged from collecting money to cashing the fake checks. They also offered gamblers and struggling businessmen short-term loans with high interest rates. One of those involved was Julius Chiusano, who ran a business called Check Cashing Unlimited II on North Dixie Highway and gave customers' routing numbers to the crew.

Somewhere along the line — it's unclear when — Jeanette Smith learned about the check scheme, prosecutors say. Though she never reported the crime to the FBI, the Gambino crew mistook her for an informant and ordered a hit on her, according to a federal indictment handed down in September 2000. The assigned killer: Ariel Hernandez.

So at 5:30 a.m. March 20, 1999, Hernandez left The Dollhouse with Jeanette and took her to the seedy, one-story Villager Lodge Olympia Motel, where he had been staying for three weeks. Room 121 was drab and cramped, with boxes of stolen electronics stacked atop one another. Pastel floral comforters covered two full-size beds.

There, prosecutors say, the ex-Marine-turned-crook raped and strangled Jeanette. He tore cartilage in her neck, bruised her legs and right breast, bumped her head, cut her mouth, and shoved an object — likely a wine cooler bottle — into her anus. Then he bound her wrists and ankles, packed her into a Sony stereo box, and transported her lifeless body north in a borrowed blue Mazda Navajo SUV. Finally he tossed the box into the Everglades, expecting the alligators to take care of the rest.

Helen McDonald, The Dollhouse's self-styled house mother who did dancers' hair and makeup, said she saw Jeanette backstage after her shift. She was counting out $1,400 and playfully fanning herself with the cash, which she credited to "one good customer." A bouncer reported escorting Jeanette and Hernandez to her black Mazda not long before sunrise. And a waitress at Denny's about a mile from the strip joint told the detective she served Hernandez and Jeanette breakfast after the two had left the club.

On March 26, after receiving wiretapped phone conversations from the FBI, detectives arrived at the Villager Motel in Sunny Isles. Hernandez had checked out four days earlier. In Hernandez's room, Ilarraza "observed several pieces of paper, which were located on top of the microwave oven," according to an investigative report. One of them, a receipt from The Sharper Image in Sunrise, caught his attention. It was billed to Hernandez for a Sony mini stereo system.

It bore the same model name — and serial number — as the box in which Jeanette was found. (Hernandez contends the evidence was planted.)

Ilarraza noted the white motel towels were "identical to the ones found in the water." Detectives then gathered samples of tiny blood spots from the carpet.

The next day, Broward cops received a strange phone call. The person asked to remain anonymous and then claimed to know what happened to "the girl found in the box." He named two guilty parties: Francisco Santana and Enrique Estevez. These men "tortured women," the caller said, by "sticking bottles, walking sticks, or whatever" into their anuses and forcing them "to perform oral sex."

Ilarraza recognized the voice from wiretapped conversations. It belonged to Ariel Hernandez.

Gambino boss Freddy Massaro called a meeting the next day. He told two criminal associates that Hernandez was "bringing too much heat" and "had to go," according to prosecutors. The three men planned to inject Hernandez with cocaine to make it look like an accidental overdose.

The following day at 9 a.m., Broward detectives and Sunny Isles Beach Police officers arrived at a quiet apartment at 172nd Street and Collins Avenue. They knocked on the front door, and Tammy Bubel, Hernandez' s girlfriend, opened it and let them in. Cops awoke Hernandez and brought the couple, in separate cars, to BSO headquarters in Fort Lauderdale.

They interviewed Bubel first. She began to cry and then gave a sworn statement alleging that Hernandez, while watching a news segment about the dead stripper, had admitted accidentally killing Jeanette. (Bubel would later testify the statement was coerced.)

Over the next few hours, Hernandez gave detectives three different stories. The first: He left The Dollhouse with Jeanette, but she dropped him off on Collins Avenue. Afterward, he saw a suspicious car following her. When detectives challenged this version of events, he claimed he had waited outside the motel room while two other men used a bottle to torture Jeanette and then a belt to strangle her. Finally he confessed that after paying the stripper $500 for sex, he mounted her, put his hands around her throat and "heard a crack, and she started gasping for air."

It got more disturbing. Left alone in a monitored room awaiting an interview with federal investigators April 8, 1999, Hernandez "began to massage his groin," according to the investigative report. He then "sexually gratif[ied] himself" and afterward wiped his hands on a nearby trash can. Detectives sent the garbage bag to a crime lab for DNA analysis.

But before he could be tried on the state charge, the federal government intervened, charging nine men including Hernandez with murder in the aid of racketeering, conspiracy to commit murder, passing counterfeit checks, and 15 counts of bank fraud. It was a bold attempt to bring down a significant Mafia operation, and on April 23, 2002, U.S. District Court Judge Paul C. Huck sentenced Hernandez to life in prison. The judge gave Massaro life too. Anthony "Tony Pep" Trentacosta, who lived in Atlanta and oversaw the South Florida crew, got eight years. At trial, it came out that Trentacosta had once been sponsored by New York City mobster John Gotti.


Justin Hensley said he was out of work in April 2005 when Joseph Kerekes offered him a job as an escort for Norfolk Male Escorts in Virginia. Hensley then began performing with Kerekes’ partner, Harlow Cuadra (above), in gay pornographic films and moved in with the two to help operate their Web sites.

I grew to be a friend of Cuadra because he took care of me,” Hensley testified during the second day of Cuadra’s capital murder trial before Luzerne County Judge Peter Paul Olszewski Jr.

Cuadra, 27, is charged with killing rival pornographic movie producer Bryan Kocis, 44, (directly above) at Kocis’ Midland Drive, Dallas Township, home on Jan. 24, 2007. Kerekes pleaded guilty in December to second-degree murder and was sentenced to life in prison without parole.

Cuadra’s lawyers, Joseph D’Andrea and Paul Walker, are suggesting to the jury that three other people had more to gain from Kocis’ death, focusing on Kerekes.

Hensley, called to testify by assistant district attorneys Michael Melnick, Shannon Crake and Allyson Kacmanski, said Kerekes was more dominant in the relationship with Cuadra. Hensley quit when Kerekes fired several shots from a handgun during a fight with Cuadra in their residence.

“They wanted me to stay there and work all the time and not have a social life,” Hensley testified. “I was only allowed to leave on the weekends, and if I went out for a sandwich, I had to come right back.”

Hensley said the escort business earned $225 per hour with each client, and up to $10,000 a week. He said among escort clients were a U.S. senator, government contractors with the U.S. military and physicians.

Hensley said Cuadra and Kerekes produced mostly amateur pornographic movies they sold on their Web sites, and believed that if they filmed with gay pornographic movie star Sean Lockhart, they would rise to mainstream pornography and “profit.”

“(Cuadra and Kerekes) talked about working with Lockhart for a year,” Hensley testified. “Lockhart was in some very well-known titles … they would definitely profit a lot of money.”

Lockhart was a contract model for Kocis’ company, Cobra Video.

“The only statements I heard about Cobra Video was that it was their main rival; Cuadra said that,” Hensley said.

After Cuadra and Kerekes met Lockhart and his business manager, Grant Roy, at an adult video news award ceremony in Las Vegas, Nev., Hensley said they “were really excited to get (Lockhart) down there to work.”

Things went terribly awry and Kocis was murdered. Possible motive? People speculate that he may have been murdered-releasing Sean Lockhart from the exclusive contract so he could work with Cuadra.


Dubbed "the 'Traci Lords' of the gay industry" after it was discovered that Sean Lockhart was underage when he appeared in several gay pornographic films.

Cuadra and Kerekes are both serving life sentences.


Similar to Craigslist- the following crimes have been linked to Adam4Adam therefore closeted politicians/celebrities have moved on to Manhunt.net & MilitaryescortM4M.com (below).

Crimes Linked To Adam4Adam:

In October 2006, New York area media including the New York Times and WCBS-TV reported that Adam4Adam was the focus of a conspiracy to find gay men online to rob. A number of men in New York City used the site to lure a Brooklyn man to a remote area where he was robbed and murdered. The men were found when one user was identified via his screenname.

Many news sources reported similar occurrences in the Washington Metropolitan Area. In discussing the case of a perpetrator of multiple robberies in that region, a Washington, DC police officer from that police force's Gay & Lesbian Liaison Unit said "We've definitely seen an increase in online dating crimes in the past five years" and added that victims of internet dating crimes are "overwhelmingly men cruising for sex."

The same police officer also noted that these criminals are often technologically savvy and create profiles using fake information and other people's photos from cyber cafés or public libraries, making them difficult to trace.

A high-profile April 2010 murder investigation in the Washington, D.C., area revealed that the victim, a high school principal, met his assailants through adam4adam.com.

In reporting on the murder of a 39-year-old San Diego man by a 19-year old U.S. Marine, an editorial in the Gay & Lesbian Times said that the victim: was an avid user of adam4adam.com, a popular gay chat and hook-up Web site. Instincts told us that the victim may have met his killer online and invited him into his Little Italy apartment, where he ultimately met his fate.

The majority of profiles on Manhunt are sexually explicit and include nude photographs and graphic language and are by patrons that are seeking to hook up.

In 2008, MANHUNT launched OnTheHUNT, a partner site dedicated to filming and hosting actual MANHUNT members having sex. The site solicits requests from members to become models and pays up to $1000 for a session. Models can generally pick their scene partner for the shoot which are filmed in members' homes by adult stars such as Jeremy Hall and Matthew Rush. The company believes using adult stars comforts the amateur models.

The demographic of models is also more varied as it depends on interested members and with whom they wish to meet. Instead of gay-for-pay models, the site uses "outed" members as models.

A Richmond, Virginia, school board chairman's MANHUNT profile was discovered by a Richmond Times-Dispatch reporter. This led to the chairman’s resignation.

Jonathan Crutchley, co-founder MANHUNT, resigned from the company after it was revealed that he had made a $2300 contribution to John McCain’s presidential campaign in March 2008.


A conservative journalist who routinely asked the Bush administration unchallenging questions at White House press briefings resigned after it was discovered he had ties to Web sites that are suggestive of gay porn.

James D. Guckert, who writes under the name Jeff Gannon, has authored regular columns for conservative Web sites such as GOPUSA and Talon News, some critical of gay issues.


Up until recently, when a billionaire, millionaire or royal playboy wanted to meet a famous woman or top supermodel, an elite underground agency charged a $10,000 introductory fee for the privilege.

Now, "introductory" agencies have come to the forefront.

This particular agency has offices in: Dubai, Paris, London, New York, Hong Kong, Los Angeles and Sydney.

Companionship Advertisement & Fees:

Each companion we accept into our private club is unique in terms of beauty and style. Fees range from $1,600.00 to $20,000 for a two hour introduction. Weekend fees begin at $10,000 and month long fees are $100,000.

Our companions are catwalk models, playboy centerfolds and up and coming actresses.

We pride ourselves on counting some of the world's most affluent international VIP's as frequent and loyal customers.

Our ladies are NOT full time companions!

*Models, centerfolds and actresses have to apply through the casting division to work for this agency.


As the world gets sicker, so does the internet.

The internet underworld offers: Torture sites, disfigured and mangled sites, slave farm sites, forced/gang rape sites, sadism sites, choking sites, brutal celebrity (deleted) rape scenes and fetish town sites.

The majority of these sites have tens of thousands of members, others are at capacity. This is where people live out their sickest and darkest fantasies.

Allegedly, an encrypted password is required to access many of these sites and these sites include a "sick-deviant" phone sex number (unlike any other phone sex service).

These sites are growing in popularity.

When one is shut down, ten others pop up.

Many of these sites are registered overseas.

In Related News:

A group page was launched on Facebook last year, titled: "Killing Your Hooker So You Don't Have To Pay For Her."

The group page featured an image of a man aggressively choking a woman lying face down. This group had 22,000 members until the page was shut down.



After Father Divine's (1st photo) death in 1965. Mrs. S. A. Divine became the spiritual leader of his movement. In 1972 she fought an attempt by cult leader Jim Jones to take over the movement's dwindling devotees. Jones based some of his doctrines on the International Peace Mission movement, and claimed to be the reincarnation of Father Divine.


Father Divine (c. 1876 – September 10, 1965), also known as Reverend M. J. Divine, was an African American spiritual leader from about 1907 until his death. His full self-given name was Reverend Major Jealous Divine, and he was also known as "the Messenger" early in his life. He founded the International Peace Mission movement.

Father Divine claimed to be God.

His childhood remains a contentious point. Researchers speculate that Father Divine was born in the Deep South, most likely in Georgia, the son of sharecroppers. Newer research by Jill Watts, based on census data, finds evidence of a George Baker Jr. If this theory is correct, his mother was a former slave named Nancy Baker who died in May 1897.

Most researchers agree that Father Divine's parents were freed African American slaves.

Father Divine traveled south, where he preached extensively in Georgia. In 1913, conflicts with local ministers got him sentenced to 60 days in a chain gang. While he was serving his sentence, several prison inspectors were injured in an auto accident, which he viewed as the direct result of their disbelief.

Upon release, he attracted a following of mostly black women in Valdosta, Georgia. He taught celibacy and the rejection of gender categorizations.

On February 6, 1914, several followers' husbands and local preachers had Divine arrested for lunacy.

He and his disciples formed a commune in a black middle-class apartment building. He forbade sex, alcohol, tobacco, and gambling among those who were living with him. By 1919 he had adopted the name Reverend Major Jealous Divine.

Around this time, Father Divine married a follower, Peninniah, who was decades his senior. Like Father Divine, her early life is obscure, but she is believed to be from Macon, Georgia. The date of the marriage is unknown but probably occurred between 1914 and 1917.

In addition to lending her dignified look to Father Divine, Peninniah served to defuse rumors of impropriety between him and his many young female followers. Both Peninniah, who was often called "Mother Divine," and Father Divine would assert that the marriage was never physically consummated.

Father Divine and his disciples moved to Sayville, New York (on Long Island), in 1919. He and his followers were the first black homeowners in town.

The integrated environment of Father Divine's communal house and the apparently flaunted wealth of his Cadillac infuriated neighbors. Members of the overwhelmingly white community accused him of maintaining a large harem and engaging in scandalous sex.

By December his followers began renting buildings in New York City for Father Divine to speak in. Soon, he often had several engagements on a single night. On December 20 he spoke to an estimated 10,000 in Harlem's Rockland Palace, a spacious former casino.

In 1932, Father Divine moved to Harlem, New York where he had accumulated significant following in the black community.

By 1934 branches had opened in Los Angeles, California, and Seattle, Washington, and gatherings occurred in France, Switzerland, Canada, and Australia. Time magazine estimated nearly 2 million followers.

In March 1937, Peninniah fell ill in Kingston, New York. Father Divine rarely comforted her on what was widely believed to be her deathbed. He kept running the church, only visiting her once in Kingston, again causing bad publicity. Peninniah, however, claimed that she was not seriously ill or in pain.

Later in May 1937, an ex-follower called Verinda Brown filed a lawsuit for $4,476 against Father Divine. The Browns had entrusted their savings with Father Divine in Sayville back in 1931. They left the movement in 1935 wishing to live as husband and wife again, but were unable to get their money back.

After moving to Philadelphia, Father Divine's wife Peninniah died. The exact date is not known because Father Divine never talked about it or even acknowledged her passing. However, it occurred sometime in 1943 and biographers believe Peninniah's death rattled Father Divine, making him aware of his own mortality.

After his first wife died, Father Divine married a white Canadian woman called Edna Rose Ritchings in Washington D.C. on April 29, 1946. The ceremony was kept secret even from most members until Ritching's visa expired. Critics of the movement believed that Father Divine's seemingly scandalous marriage to 21-year-old Ritchings would destroy the movement. Instead, most followers rejoiced, and the marriage date became a celebrated anniversary in the movement. To prove that he and Ritchings adhered to his doctrine on sexual abstinence, Father Divine assigned a black female follower to be her constant companion.

He claimed that Ritchings, later called "Mother S. A. Divine," was the reincarnation of Peninniah.

As his health declined, he continued to petition for civil rights.

On September 10, 1965, Father Divine died of natural causes at his Woodmont estate. His widow and remaining followers insist his spirit is still alive and always refer to Father Divine in the present tense. Believers keep the furnishings of Father Divine's personal rooms at Woodmont just as they were as a shrine to his life.


Rumors have been circulating and Jackie Collins eluded to it in one of her books.

Allegedly, a mysterious white madam has launched a lavish and upscale escort agency that only caters to super wealthy men.

Her girls charge $20,000-$30,000 per hour. Tips have included: Hermes bags and Jimmy Choo shoes.

Like the introductory agency we told you about last week, this agency also employs famous women: Models, actresses, singers and designers who want to supplement their income. These women wear satin masks to disguise their identities. Allegedly, men get off on the mystery.

Clients include: Several princes, captain's of industry, rap moguls, sports heroes and politicians. These men contact the madam via "sex phones." Sex phones are (exclusively) used to arrange discreet liaisons with escorts and mistresses. Rich clients register their sex phones in the name of one of their reps.

This madam pockets 60% from each sexual encounter and she only accepts cash from the customers.

Just months after Elizabeth Taylor's death, a shocking claim has surfaced-she allegedly had a child out of wedlock.

Self-proclaimed Taylor confidante John Cohan says the screen goddess had a love child named Norah and gave the baby away.

"She revealed a secret that haunted her for years, a child out of wedlock," Cohan says.

"Having allegedly been with three men, Elizabeth wasn't sure of the father.

"The studio and her mother gave baby Norah away. Money was exchanged."

Norah is said to be living in Ireland and so resentful about being abandoned by her famous mother she never wanted to have anything to do with her.

Taylor, who died of congestive heart failure officially had four children.

Cohan adds that Taylor, who he says he often spoke to by phone, vowed him to secrecy about the child she'd rejected.

Says Cohan: Elizabeth was guilt ridden and told me: "Say nothing until I'm gone."


Robin Strasser (Dorian Lord on OLTL) had a black stepfather. Her mother Anne became a department store clerk, working in Manhattan, but she was unable to find suitable daycare for her child. Robin went to live in the Bronx with her maternal grandmother, Mollie Portnoy, for the next year.

During that time Anne met and married Roy DeCarava (above), a noted photographer whose work is still on display in the Museum of Modern Art. Anne knew that Mollie objected to the marriage—DeCarava was black. "I expected unpleasantness," says Anne, now a writer living in Orange County, N.Y., "but not the course of action she chose."

Portnoy took her daughter to court and sued for custody of granddaughter Robin. According to the court papers, Portnoy contended that "it was against the best interests of the infant to permit her to be with her mother since...the mother is unable to properly maintain and support the child, that the mother is a Communist, without any regard for religious upbringing...and that she is married to a second husband who is of a race and religion different from that of the child." Mollie and Anne exchanged bitter words. "These two women, mother and daughter, fought each other so hard," says Robin. Anne denies ever being a Communist, but because of the political tenor of the time, she and Robin were stopped on the street by FBI agents during and after the hearings.

The first decision went in favor of Portnoy. Aided by the NAACP and the ACLU, Anne took the case to the New York Court of Appeals. People v. Strasser ended in 1952 with the court finding that Anne was a fit mother and ruling that the state had no right to interfere in the religious upbringing of a child.

The DeCaravas' interracial marriage, which ended in 1956, didn't help. "When you're a [white] child with a black stepfather, you get some heavy duty rejection."






return to top